Samai rice pulao | Famous Indian Recipes | how to make samai rice pulao
June 23, 2015 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 3 Comments
how to make samai rice pulao ?
samai rice pulao is easy to digest, gluten-free, have higher nutritional value than wheat, especially phosphorus and iron.
Ingredients for samai rice pulao:
- Big onion – 1(chopped)
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Green chilies – 2-3 no’s
- Curry leaves – Few
- Carrot – 1 (chopped)
- Beans – 4 (chopped)
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Water – 2 cup
- Saamai rice – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – ¼ bowl
Steps to cook samai rice pulao:
- In a pan add oil, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf.
- Wait for few seconds and then add big onion, green chilies, curry leaves, carrot, beans and green peas then fry till it changes brown.
- Now add 2 cups of water, salt to taste and let it boil for a minute.
- After boiling of water add 2 cup of saamai rice(washed) and mix well.
- Now cover it for 5- 10 minutes, till the rice get cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Recipes made from samai: samai pongal, samai upma, samai Dosai (Dosa), samai idli, samai adai , samai curd rice.
- Similar Popular Indian Food recipes from Famous Indian Recipes : Mint rice recipe | Arisi Paruppu sadham | Vegetable fried rice | Tamarind Rice recipe | Tomato Biryani
Samai rice benefits:
- Good for diabetic patients.
- Helps accelerate weight loss.
- High in fibre.
- Millet are easy to digest, gluten-free, have higher nutritional value than wheat, especially phosphorus and iron.
- For More veg recipes => vegetarian Recipes