vegetable biryani recipe – how to make vegetable biryani recipe – veg biryani
How to prepare vegetable Biryani recipe ?
Vegetable biryani recipe is one of Popular Indian Food made with easily available ingredients. A Classic Indian vegetable biryani is a perfect dish for any occasion. Sometimes there are only a few special days in which many houses have a spicy vegetable biryani recipe as a food. At the present time people are preparing vegetable biryani even for small function.
Try this tasty Vegetable biryani recipe to impress your friends and family. Lets see how to make simple vegetable biryani recipe.
Ingredients for vegetable biryani recipe:
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Carrot – 1/4 (chopped)
- Beans – 1/4 (chopped)
- Peas – 1/2 cup
- Potato – 1/4 cup (cut in to cube shape)
- Cauliflower florets – 1/4 cup
- Soya beans – 1/4 cup (soaked in warm water, drain the water completely) optional
- Cashew nuts – 25 grams (optional)
- Onion – 2 nos (sliced)
- Green chili- 3 nos
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Tomato (big) – 1 (chopped)
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Biryani masala – 1 spoon
- Curd – 3 spoons
- Lemon juice – 1 spoon
- Mint leaves – 1 handful (chopped finely)
- Coriander leaves – 1 handful (chopped finely)
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Ghee – 2 spoons
- Fennel seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cinnamon – 2 stick
- Cardamom – 3 Nos
- Star anise – 2 Nos
- Cloves – 2 Nos
- Marathi Moggu – 2 Nos
Steps to cook vegetable biryani recipe:
- First wash the basmati rice in water and soak the rice for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and ghee, when it is heated add all tempering items.
- And then onion and fry till the colour become changed, add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and tomato fry for a minute.
- Add salt and all spices like chili powder, coriander powder, kashmiri chili powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, Biryani masala and fry for a minute.
- Next add all chopped vegetables and soya beans. Fry for 5 minutes then add half coriander leaves and half mint leaves then fry for a minute.
- After that add 4 cups of water and allow it to boil, then add the basmati rice and mix well.
- In This stage add curd, lemon juice and check the salt and spice.
- After 15 minutes the rice is half cooked, add the remaining coriander leaves, mint leaves and ghee 1 spoon.
- Now close the pressure cooker then cook on low flame for 5 to 10 minutes (for Dum).
- After taking from the fire the pressure will cool down and open the cooker, mix the rice properly with little amount of ghee.
- spicy vegetable biryani recipe is ready to serve.
- For More veg recipes => vegetarian Recipes
Serving suggestion for vegetable biryani recipe:
- We can also garnishing with mint leaves, coriander leaves, fried onions and fried cashew.
- In addition we can Serve vegetable biryani recipe with onion raita.
- Vegetable Biryani recipe is a delicious and aromatic preparation of basmati Rice, Fresh Vegetables and spices.
- We should use correct water measurement for basmati rice because too much of water will destroy the correct texture of rice.
- Use fresh curd for this recipe.
- Vegetable Biriyani Recipe / Veg Biryani Recipe is my all time favorite.
- This veg biryani is Simple, Easy, Quick and Delicious. need not to say about it taste.
- Click here to check Tomato Biryani
- Similar Popular Indian Food recipes from Famous Indian Recipes : Mushroom gravy recipe | Peas Pulav recipe | samai Rice Pulav |
- we will share vegetable biryani recipe in tamil shortly
- vegetable dum biryani recipe is different from this vegetable biryani recipe.