vegetable biryani recipe – how to make vegetable biryani recipe – veg biryani
How to prepare vegetable Biryani recipe ?
A Classic Indian vegetable biryani is a perfect dish for any occasion. Sometimes there are only a few special days in which many houses have a spicy vegetable biryani recipe as a food. Now people are preparing vegetable biryani even for small function. Lets see how to make simple vegetable biryani recipe.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Carrot – 1/4 (chopped)
- Beans – 1/4 (chopped)
- Peas – 1/2 cup
- Potato – 1/4 cup (cut in to cube shape)
- Cauliflower florets – 1/4 cup
- Soya beans – 1/4 cup (soaked in warm water, drain the water completely) optional
- Cashew nuts – 25 grams (optional)
- Onion – 2 nos (sliced)
- Green chili- 3 nos
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Tomato (big) – 1 (chopped)
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Biryani masala – 1 spoon
- Curd – 3 spoons
- Lemon juice – 1 spoon
- Mint leaves – 1 handful (chopped finely)
- Coriander leaves – 1 handful (chopped finely)
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Ghee – 2 spoons
- Fennel seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cinnamon – 2 stick
- Cardamom – 3 Nos
- Star anise – 2 Nos
- Cloves – 2 Nos
- Marathi Moggu – 2 Nos
Steps to cook vegetable biryani recipe:
- First wash the basmati rice in water and soak the rice for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and ghee, when it is heated add all tempering items.
- Then onion and fry till the colour become changed, add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and tomato fry for a minute.
- Add salt and all spices like chili powder, coriander powder, kashmiri chili powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, Biryani masala and fry for a minute.
- Next add all chopped vegetables and soya beans. Fry for 5 minutes then add half coriander leaves and half mint leaves then fry for a minute.
- After that add 4 cups of water and allow it to boil, then add the basmati rice and mix well.
- In This stage add curd, lemon juice and check the salt and spice.
- After 15 minutes the rice is half cooked, add the remaining coriander leaves, mint leaves and ghee 1 spoon.
- Now close the pressure cooker then cook on low flame for 5 to 10 minutes (for Dum).
- After taking from the fire the pressure will cool down and open the cooker, mix the rice properly with little amount of ghee.
- Vegetable Biryani is ready to serve.
- We can also garnishing with mint leaves, coriander leaves, fried onions and fried cashew.
- Serve vegetable biryani with onion raita.
- We can use correct water measurement for basmati rice because too much of water will destroy the correct texture of rice.
- Use fresh curd for this recipe.
- Click here to check Tomato Biryani
- More veg recipes : Mushroom gravy recipe | Peas Pulav recipe | samai Rice Pulav |
- we will share vegetable biryani recipe in tamil shortly
- vegetable dum biryani recipe is different from this vegetable biryani recipe.