Mushroom gravy recipe, how to make mushroom gravy recipe, Veg recipes
How to prepare mushroom gravy recipe ?
This mushroom gravy is a rich gravy recipe and it suits well with chapati, bread, naan. Mushrooms, though classified as vegetables in the food world, are not technically plants. They belong to the fungi kingdom. Learn how to make with step by step.
- Mushroom – 200 grams (washed and cut in to pieces)
- Ghee- 3 spoons
- Bay leaf- 1
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Cashew nut paste – 200 grams
- Kasthurimethi – a pinch
- Corn flour – 50 grams
- Water to mix
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Steps to cook mushroom gravy recipe:
- In a pan add ghee, after it is heated add bay leaf, chopped onion and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Next add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute, and then add all the spices and fry for a minute.
- Add tomato puree and fry until oil become separated, then add cashew nut paste and allow it to boil.
- Then add mushroom and cover with lid for 10 to 15 sec at low flame.
- After mushroom become cooked add corn flour (take I cup water and add corn flour and mix no lumps are formed) and allow it to boil.
- Finally add coriander and Kasthurimethi leaves.
We can also add fresh cream for this mushroom gravy at the final stage for increasing the taste.
Tomato puree preparation:
- Take fresh tomatoes and wash it.
- Cut the tomatoes and grind it without water
- Corn flour is used for thickening gravy consistency
- More gravy recipes : Cauliflower Matar Gravy | Channa Gravy | Mutton gravy recipe
Health Benefits of Mushrooms:
- Many mushrooms are also good sources of selenium, an antioxidant mineral, copper, niacin, potassium and phosphorous.
- mushrooms will help to Increase your vitamin D
- Mushrooms are low in calories,cholesterol-free, fat-free and very low in sodium, yet they provide several nutrients that are typically found in animal foods or grains