Indian fish curry – Famous Indian Recipes – Meen Curry
October 4, 2016 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 3 Comments
How to make Indian fish curry ?
This curry is truly delicious! This is one of more favorite Indian dish.
- Fish – 4 pieces
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Soak Tamarind (lemon size) in a cup of water for 30 minutes.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 bowl
- Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 1/2 bowl
- Tomato – 3 (Chopped)
- Small onion – 1/2 bowl (15-20)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Fenugreek – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cashew – 4 nos
Steps to Grind:
- In a pan add 2-tsp coconut oil, small onion and tomato, fry till it changes brown, grind this into fine paste and keep aside.
- Grind coconut and cashew with little water and keep it aside in a separate bowl.
- Clean the fish and add turmeric powder and keep it aside.
Steps to cook Indian fish curry:
- In pan add 2-tsp coconut oil and heat it then add mustard seeds, allow it to splutter then add fenugreek, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, red chilies, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste then fry it for a minute.
- Add tamarind water, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder make it boil till oil separates.
- Add grinded paste (tomato and onion) and make it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add fish, salt to taste and coconut paste, reduce heat and cover it for 5 minutes.
- Finally switch off the stove, then garnish with coriander leaves. Now fish curry is ready to serve.
- More Non – Vegetarian Recipes: chicken soup Recipe | Mutton Chukka | Mutton kulambu | Mutton gravy .