Channa gravy – Famous Indian Recipes – Channa Masala
October 4, 2016 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 4 Comments
How to make the Channa gravy ?
Channa Gravy is one of the most delicious gravy that goes great with Chapatti, roti, naan and poori. Lets see how to prepare now.
- Channa –1 cup.
- Oil – 2 spoons.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Curry leaves – few.
- Ginger Garlic paste– 1 tsp.
- Big onion – 2 (Chopped).
- Green chilli–2 nos. (Chopped).
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 1 spoon.
- Coriander powder – 1 Spoon.
- Tomato –3 (Medium size).
- Cinnamon – small piece.
- Cardamom – 1 No.
- Garam masala – 1/2 Spoon.
- Cashew-nut paste – 3 Spoons.
- Sugar – 1 pinch.
- Salt – to taste.
- Coriander leaves – for Garnishing.
- Soak 3 tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove tomato skin and grind well in mixer.
Steps to cook Channa Gravy:
- Soak Channa in water for 10 hours (overnight). Wash Channa, and put it in cooker then add some water, pinch of salt and cook it for 4 whistles.
- Heat the pan and then add oil, cinnamon, cardamom and onion fry till the colour changes brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste fry till the raw smell disappear then add green chili, curry leaves.
- Next add chilli powder, kashmiri chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and fry for few seconds.
- Add the grinded tomato paste, pinch of sugar and boil for 5 minutes in a medium heat.
- Add boiled channa mix well and add salt then close the pan with lid.
- After 5 t0 8 minutes add cashew nut paste and cook for 5 minutes till the raw smell disappear.(Check the salt and spicy of the channa gravy)
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves, few onions and serve hot.
- This Channa gravy is good as a nutritious side dish with chapatti, dosa and poori.
- Channa is one of the nutritious foods.
- Channa gravy is a popular dish in Indian and Pakistani cuisine.
- Click here to view Chapatti Cutlet