Kara Kuzhambu recipe – Famous Indian Recipes – Kara Kulambu
October 4, 2016 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 2 Comments
How to prepare Kara kuzhambu recipe ?
Always I love the kara kuzhambu served with the South Indian Meals. lets see how to prepare it now.
- Brinjal – 2 no’s (Chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cashew – 2 no’s
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Garlic–4 no’s
- Coconut – 4 small pieces
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Sesame oil – 2 teaspoon
- Tomato – 2 (Chopped)
- Small onion – 14 no’s (Chopped)
- Fenugreek – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli – 3
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Add small onion 4 no’s, Garlic 4 no’s, Cashew 2 no’s, Coconut 4 pieces and Fennel seeds ¼ teaspoon grind this into fine paste and keep aside.
Steps to prepare Kara Kuzhambu recipe:
- In a pan add 2-teaspoon sesame oil and heat it, then add mustard seeds, allow it to splutter then add fenugreek, cumin seeds, fennel seeds ¼ teaspoon, small onion (10- Chopped), curry leaves, and red chilies then fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add brinjal, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and fry for 2 minutes then add tomato and fry for 3 minutes.
- Finally add the grinded paste, salt to taste, now reduce the heat and cover the pan with lid for 5 minutes.
- Kara kuzhambu is ready to serve.
- More kuzhambu recipes : Arachuvitta kuzhambu | vatha kuzhambu | Mutton kulambu .