Tomato Biryani – Famous Indian Recipes – Thakkali Biryani Recipe
December 1, 2016 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 2 Comments
How to prepare Tomato Biryani ?
This is a simple and quick rice recipe. Lets see how to prepare Tomato Biryani now.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Tomato – 4 no’s (Medium size finely chopped)
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – ½ tsp
- Ginger – 1 piece (peeled)
- Garlic – 4 no’s
- Mint and coriander leaves – ¼ bowls
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Water – 2 cups
- Oil – 2 ½ spoons
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cardamom – 2 no’s
- Marathimoggu – 2 stick
- Star anise – 2 no’s
- Big onion – 1 sliced
- Green chili – 1 no
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt to taste
Steps to cook Tomato Biryani:
- First wash basmati rice twice in water and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a blender add fennel seed, poppy seeds, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, tomato, green chili, mint leaves, coriander leaves and blend well (No need to add water) and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker add oil when it is heated add bay leaf, cardamom, Marathimoggu, star anise, and then add onion fry till it turns to golden brown.
- Next add green chili and curry leaves, and then add grinded masala.
- Allow it to cook till the oil separate from masala in a medium flame.
- Now add required salt and add 2 cups of water allow it to boil.
- Next check the salt and spicy of Biryani, and then add if needed.
- Now add washed basmati rice and mix well. Allow it cook for 2 whistles.
- Let the cooker cool down naturally, open the lid and mix well Tomato Biryani.
- Transfer the Biryani in serving plate and serving with onion raita.
- I used Bangalore tomato here, instead of that you can use nadu tomato, the taste will be vary. But instead of 4 Bangalore tomatoes, 2 nadu tomatoes are enough for this dish.
- You can use coconut milk instead of water. It will increase the taste.
- Click here to view Vegetable Biryani recipes