Ragi Vada recipe, how to make Ragi Vada recipe – Kelvaragu Vadai recipe
December 12, 2016 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 7 Comments
How to make ragi vada recipe?
Ragi vada recipe is a healthy and nutritious snack. Ragi also called as Finger millet / Kezhvaragu. Lets see how to prepare now.
- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Salt as needed
- Chili powder – 1 spoon
- Hing – a pinch
- Butter – 2 spoons melted (optional)
- Onion – 2 (chopped finely)
- Curry leaves – 10 leaves finely chopped
- Roasted gram – ¼ cup
- Water to mix
- Oil for deep frying
Step to cook Ragi vada recipe:
- First sieve the ragi flour to avoid lumps while making dough.
- In a bowl, add ragi flour, salt, chili powder, hing a pinch and mix well the ingredients.
- Melt butter then add with ragi flour and mix well.
- Add chopped onion, curry leaves, roasted gram and mix well all ingredients.
- Then Add required water and make smooth dough (vada consistency).
- Switch on the stove place a kadai and pour oil for deep frying.
- Now Pour a pinch of dough in oil, to check oil is heated or not
- Take ragi dough and make it as small balls.
- Next make small balls in to flat vada with the help of your palm.
- Put Vada in hot oil and deep fry them in low flame till it gets crispy.
- Now take ragi vada from the oil and transfer in to tissue paper plate to remove extra oil from ragi vada.
- crispy ragi vada is ready to serve.
- Here I used red chili powder instead of that you can use green chili.
- Instead of roasted gram you can use Bengal gram (soak Bengal gram in water for 15 minutes and drained it).
- Click here to view kesari sweet recipe.
- Click here to view Potato Bonda