Cauliflower Matar Gravy – How to make Cauliflower Matar Gravy, veg recipes
December 13, 2016 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 8 Comments
How to prepare Cauliflower Matar Gravy ?
This is healthy and homely recipe that goes perfect with roti, paratha chapati, Nan, poori and pulav.
- Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
- Peas – ½ cup
- Tomato – 4 big sizes (chopped)
- Onion – 4 medium sizes (chopped)
- Cashew – 50 Grams
- Oil – 4 spoons
- Onion – 2 medium sizes (chopped finely)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 ½ spoon
- Jeera powder – 1 spoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Butter – 2 cubes
- Kasuri methi – 1 teaspoon (crushed)
- Salt as needed
- Sugar a pinch
- Fresh cream – 1 spoon (optional)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Steps to cook cauliflower matar gravy:
- In a pan add water when it is boiling add cauliflower florets, pinch of turmeric powder, salt 1 spoon and boil for 5 to 8 minutes then drain the water and keep it aside.
- Take another pan add washed peas, water, salt and cook up to 10 minutes, after 10 minutes drain the water and keep it aside.
- Next take a sauce pan add water when it is hot add chopped onion, tomato and cashew, cook up to 5 minutes.
- Now drain the water and transfer in to mixer grinder, and then grind in to smooth paste.
- In a kadai add oil when it is heated add chopped onion and fry till it become golden brown, then add ginger garlic paste fry till the raw smell disappear.
- After that add turmeric powder, chili powder, jeera powder, garam masala, salt as needed then fry for a minute.
- Now add grinded masala, mix well and cook well up to 10 minutes.
- At this stage add cooked peas and cauliflower and mix well with gravy, and then cook up to 5 minutes.
- Next add sugar a pinch, butter, then slowly mix the gravy, at this stage check salt and spicy of the gravy and add if needed.
- Finally add crushed kasuri methi leaf, if you want the cauliflower matar gravy more richness means add fresh cream and allow it to boil a minute.
- Switch off the stove transfer cauliflower matar gravy in to serving bowl and garnishing with chopped coriander leaves.
- Hot and spicy cauliflower matar gravy is ready to serve.
- It is best combination for chapati, Nan, roti, poori and pulav also.
- Instead of cauliflower and peas you can use broccoli, potato, mushroom, paneer etc.
- More Gravy recipes ==> egg gravy | Channa Gravy | mushroom gravy