Tomato rasam recipe, how to make tomato rasam | easy tomato rasam
December 23, 2016 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan Leave a comment
how to make Tomato Rasam recipe ?
Tomato Rasam recipe is one of most easy and simple recipe to make. This tomato rasam is mom’s recipe. she has always been making it this way.
- Bangalore Tomato – 3 no’s (medium sizes)
- Tamarind – 1 piece
- Water to boil tomato
Seasoning for tomato Rasam:
- Oil – 1 ½ spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Small onion – 4 no’s (chopped)
- Red chili – 2 no’s (slited)
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Rasam powder – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Whole pepper – 4 no’s
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Steps to boil tomato:
- Take a pan add washed tomato, tamarind and 2 cups of water then boiled up to 10 minutes.
- After it is cooled take tomato and remove the skin and put it to blender then blend in to fine tomato paste. (Keep the boiling water and tomato skin safely)
- Now melt down the tamarind and tomato skin from the boiled water then extract the juice and keep it a side.
Steps to cook Tomato rasam recipe:
- In a kadai pour oil when it is heated add mustard seeds then it is splutters add pearl onion, red chili and curry leaves fry for 2 minutes.
- Add extracted juice in a kadai then add asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chili powder, Rasam powder and salt then boil up to 5 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree and boil up to 10 minutes at this stage check salt and spicy of Rasam if you want means add it.
- In mean while take pestle in that add garlic, cumin seeds, pepper and crushed this item in to a coarse powder and keep it a side.
- Now transfer the Rasam in to a serving bowl and add crushed powder and garnishing with finely chopped coriander leaves then mix well the tomato Rasam. (You can also add two leaves of curry leaves it will give nice aroma and taste)
- Hot and spicy tomato Rasam (Thakkali Rasam) is ready to serve.
- Serve this tomato Rasam with hot white rice
- More Veg recipes ==> kara kuzhambu | Channa Gravy | vatha kuzhambu