Gulab jamun recipe, how to make gulab jamun recipe with khoya
January 1, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 8 Comments
How to make Gulab jamun recipe ?
Learn how to make Gulab Jamun recipe with Khoya one of india’s popular sweet.
- Sweet less Khoya – ½ kilo gram
- Sweet Khoya – 100 grams
- Maida (All purpose flour) – 150 grams
- Cooking soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Milk – ¼ tumbler
- Oil for deep frying
For syrup ingredients:
- Water – 1 ½ liter
- Sugar – 700 grams
- Cardamom – 1 spoon (crushed/powder)
- Rose water – 1 teaspoon
Steps to prepare Gulab Jamun Recipe:
- Take a bowl in that first add sweet less Khoya, sweet Khoya, maida, cooking soda then mix well the ingredients and make a smooth dough.
- While making the dough ensure no lumps formed in that mixture because it will destroy the shape of gulab Jamun.
- When dough gets dry, sprinkle little amount of milk and then make a smooth dough and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Next take small portion of dough, apply ghee or milk in your palm and make smooth balls with the help of your palm and set aside.
- In a kadai add oil for frying gulab Jamun when it is heated fry the balls in a low flame and turn the balls in the oil, fry till it become golden brown colour.
- Drain the gulab Jamun from the oil by placing in the kitchen tissue paper to absorb extra oil from the Jamun.
Steps for preparing sugar syrup:
- In a pan add sugar and water then mix well. Switch on the stove now place a pan and cook the sugar syrup.
- Mix well the sugar syrup and wait until the sugar dissolves, after 5 minutes add rose water essence and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Boil the sugar syrup for 15 minutes and keep it a side.
- Next pour all the fried gulab Jamun in the semi hot sugar syrup and keep it aside.
- After 15 minutes serve hot gulab Jamun with little amount of syrup in that.
- We can also serve this gulab Jamun with vanilla ice cream by cut in to half or place a Jamun on the top of vanilla ice cream with wrapper biscuits.
- As a choice add dried nuts like Badam or Pista. it will increase the taste.
- More sweet recipes: Rava kesari recipe | Seven cup sweet
- If the shape of gulab Jamun not coming means add little amount of milk in your palm and make a ball.
- Don’t over fry the Jamun and don’t overcook the syrup. If the syrup thickened means Jamun will not absorb the syrup as required.
- Be sure while pouring the Jamun in the syrup, it should be little hot (it has chance to break the Jamun if it is too hot).