Varagu rice dosa, how to make varagu rice dosa recipe, Millet recipes
January 7, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 3 Comments
how to make varagu rice dosa ?
Varagu rice dosa is a healthy millet recipe. We make it for Breakfast and Dinner. Lets see how to prepare healthy and crispy varagu rice dosa now.
- Varagu rice – 2 tumblers
- Idly rice – 2 tumblers
- Whole white urad dal – 100 grams
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 spoon
- Water to soak and grind rice and dal
- Salt as needed
- Oil for making dosa
Steps to soak rice and dal:
- First wash the Varagu rice and remove stones in that, then add water and soak in water for 3 hours.
- Wash the urad dal and soak in water for 3 hours (10 minutes before to grind urad dal add fenugreek seeds in that)
Steps to grind Varagu batter for Varagu rice dosa:
- After 3 hours wash again the Varagu rice, idly rice, urad dal separately and keep it a side.
- In a wet grinder first add urad dal with fenugreek seeds and grind into a smooth batter by adding little amount of water in a gap. (Don’t add more water, just sprinkle water in a interval is enough)
- After half an hour switch off the grinder and take urad dal batter in a big bowl.
- Now add varagu rice and idly rice and make little coarse batter by adding little amount of water.
- After 20 minutes check by touching batter, it is grinded or not. It should be little coarse batter.
- Next transfer varagu batter in the same bowl and mix well the both batter by adding required salt. keep it aside for 10 to 12 hours for fermentation.
- After 12 hours mix well batter. (Check salt and the batter should not too thick, if it is too thick add water and salt)
- Next switch on the stove and place a dosa tawa, when it is heated sprinkle little amount of water and pour the batter in center of tawa and make it a round shape.
- Drizzle some oil around the dosa and turn another side and cook.
- Transfer in to a serving plate.
- Serve this varagu dosa with hot sambar, coconut chutney, Kara chutney, Thakkali chutney and more.
- Healthy and crispy varagu rice dosa is ready to serve.
- Serve varagu dosa in a hot because after it will be cool down it is not good to eat.
- The making of batter is very important, grind it carefully.
- We can also make varagu idly but the batter consistency will be varied. (The batter will be thick consistency not thin).