Rava kichadi recipe, how to make rava kichadi recipe, Sooji kichadi recipe
January 8, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 2 Comments
How to make Rava kichadi recipe?
Rava kichadi recipe is an easy south Indian breakfast recipe made with Rava, Onion, Tomato and Spices.
- Sooji / Rava – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1 no chopped
- Beans – 7 no’s chopped
- Peas – ¼ cup
- Ghee – 4 spoons
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Bengal gram – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Big onion – 1 medium sized (sliced)
- Green chili – 3 no’s
- Curry leaves – few
- Tomato – 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cashew – 5 no’s
- Water as needed
- Salt as needed
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Steps to cook Rava kichadi recipe:
- First of all, In a pan add two spoons ghee, once it’s heated add Sooji (rava) and fry slowly in a low flame until you get nice aroma and light brown colour. (Don’t over fry)
- Now transfer the roasted Sooji in a plate and keep it aside.
- In same pan add oil, when it is heated add mustard seeds. when its splutters add Bengal gram, urad dal and add ginger garlic paste, then fry until the raw smell disappear.
- Next add sliced onion fry till it become transparent then add green chili, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped tomato fry till it become mushy and then add washed carrot, beans, peas, turmeric powder and salt. Then fry for 5 minutes in the oil.
- Add required water and allow it boil till the vegetables fully cooked (Check the water level, if vegetables not cooked means add water and cook)
- Now check the salt and water level for cooking Sooji (1 cup Sooji – 2 cup water measurement)
Slowly added roasted Sooji and mix well (mix well carefully no lumps should be formed, ) and allow it cook for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile add ghee in a Kadai once it’s heated add cashew and fry until it become golden color and pour in to the Rava Kichadi and mix well.
- Transfer the Rava Kichadi in a serving bowl and serve with coconut chutney.
- Hot and spicy Rava Kichadi is ready to serve.
- More veg recipes: varagu rice dosa | beetroot pachadi recipe | Sabudana moong dal khichdi