Paneer butter masala, how to make paneer butter masala, paneer makhani
January 27, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 2 Comments
How to make Paneer butter masala?
Paneer butter masala is a quick recipe goes well with naan, paratha, roti or jeera rice for lunch or dinner. Learn how to make Paneer butter masala here.
- Paneer – 100 grams (cottage or homemade)
- Tomato – 3 (medium sized)
- Big onion – 2 (medium sized)
- Cashew – 30 grams
- Butter – 50 grams
- Onion – 1 big sized (chopped finely)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chili powder – 1 spoon
- Kashmir chili powder – ½ spoon
- Cumin powder – ½ spoon
- Garam masala – 1 ½ spoons
- Salt to taste
- Honey – ½ spoon
- Fresh cream – 1 spoon (optional)
- Kasthuri methi – ½ spoon (crushed)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Water as needed
Steps to grind puree:
- First cut the tomatoes as cube and onion as sliced.
- In a pan add water then add chopped tomatoes, onion and cashew.
- Then close the lid and boil up to 10 minutes, after 10 minutes switch off the stove and drain the water.
- Take a mixer grinder and add boiled items then grind in to fine paste and keep it aside.
Steps to cook paneer butter masala:
- First cut the paneer in to cube size and keep it aside.
- In a kadai add 25 grams of butter (melted in low flame) then add chopped onion and fry till it become golden colour.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry up to the raw smell disappear.
- Add all spices like turmeric powder, chili powder, Kashmir chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt as needed then fry for a minute in a low flame.
- Then add the grinded puree and fry up to the oil release from the gravy in a medium flame.
- If you want the gravy thin means add water and allow it to boil for 5 minutes otherwise no need to add water.
- Now add the cubed paneer in the gravy and boil up to 8 minutes then add honey.
- Finally add crushed Kasthuri methi and mix well the gravy.
- In this stage add fresh cream and boil for a minute and switch off the stove and finally garnish with coriander leaves and place remaining butter on the gravy.
- Transfer the paneer butter in to a serving kadai.
- Now spicy, mouth watering paneer butter masala is ready to eat.
- Serve this paneer butter masala with Nan, roti, chapatti, pulav etc.,
- more gravy recipes: Cauliflower Matar Gravy | Channa Gravy recipe | Mutton gravy recipe | Mushroom gravy recipe
- Use Bangalore tomato for puree it gives well colour and taste.
- You can either use broken cashew or whole cashew.
- I used Kashmiri chili powder for colour.
- Instead of onion, tomato and cashew boiled paste you can use separate tomato puree and cashew nut paste.
- You can add sugar instead of honey but honey give rich taste.