Murungakkai paruppu recipe, how to make murungakkai paruppu recipe
February 27, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan Leave a comment
How to make Murungakkai paruppu recipe ?
This dal recipe is very healthy and goes well with white rice, idly and dosa. learn how to make murungakkai paruppu recipe now.
- Toor dal – 1 ½ cup
- Water to boil toor dal
- Castor oil – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Drumstick – 1 cup (cleaned and cut it to small finger size)
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind juice – ¼ cup
- Salt as needed
- Ground nut Oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Garlic – 4 no’s (Crushed)
- Small onion – 10 no’s (chopped)
- Red chili – 2 no’s (Break it to half)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Medium red tomato – 1 (chopped finely)
- Sambar powder – 1 spoon (optional)
Step to cook Murungakkai paruppu recipe:
- First take a pan, in that add water and allow it to heat.
- In mean while wash toor dal and keep it aside.
- In hot add washed toor dal, then add castor oil and close with lid, then allow it to cook up to 15 minutes.
- Now open the lid, toor dal should be half cooked.
- Next add drumstick, red chili powder, turmeric powder, required salt tamarind juice and if the water level not enough to cook the drumstick means add water otherwise close the lid and cook till the drumstick fully cooked.
- After the drumstick and toor dal fully cooked switch off the stove and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan add oil when it is heated add mustard seeds then it is splutters add crushed garlic fry for a minute.
- Next add chopped small onion, red chili and curry leaves then fry for 2 minutes in a medium flame then add chopped tomatoes fry till tomato become mushy.
- Add the fried item in to the cooked Murungakkai paruppu.
- Now place a pan in the stove and add sambar powder in that Murungakkai paruppu then boil up to 10 minutes.
- At this stage check salt and spicy of the paruppu, if you want means add it and boil again.
- Switch off the stove transfer Murungakkai paruppu in a serving bowl and garnishing with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Rich in protein and iron combination Murungakkai paruppu is ready to serve.
- Serve this Murungakkai paruppu with white rice, idly and dosa.
- More recipes: coconut chutney recipe | Tomato chutney recipe | Tomato Rasam recipe
- Instead of red chili you can use green chili.
- If you want the paruppu Rasam means extract the paruppu water before adding drum stick in to them.
- Instead of drum stick you can use other vegetables like turnip, radish, potato, bringal etc.,