Paruppu Rasam recipe, how to make Paruppu Rasam recipe ? easy rasam recipes
July 26, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 1 Comment
How to make Paruppu Rasam recipe ?
This paruppu rasam is also known as tomato rasam. This is a spicy, hot rasam recipe made with cooked, mashed dal and flavored with tomato, tamarind, rasam powder and few other spices.
Ingredients for paruppu rasam recipe:
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Castor oil – 1 spoon
- Tomato – 2 no’s (Medium sized)
- Water – 2 ½ cups
- Turmeric powder – ½ spoon
- Ground nut oil – 2 ½ spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Small onion – 10 no’s (Chopped)
- Red chili – 1 no (cut in to half)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Red chili powder – ½ spoon
- Rasam powder – ½ spoon
- Asafoetida – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind extract – ½ cup(take small gooseberry size tamarind)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Take a pestle in that add 5 no’s pepper, 3 pods garlic, ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, now crushed well and keep it aside.
Steps to cook paruppu rasam recipe:
- First wash toor dal in water twice and drain it.
- Take a pressure cooker, in that add washed toor dal, water, castor oil, turmeric powder and tomato.
- Close the lid and switch on the stove, cook toor dal up to 2 whistles, then allow it to cool down at room temperature.
- First take a cooked tomato and put in to the tamarind extract.
- Crush and squeeze tomato well, then drain the tomato tamarind extract and keep it aside.
- Drain the toor dal water and keep it aside. (If water level is too low means add excess water then allow it to boil for extra 5 minutes and drain it)
- Take a pan, in that add oil. once it is heated add mustard seeds when its splutters add small onion, red chili, curry leaves and fry for a 5 minutes.
- Now add tamarind tomato extract, required salt, red chili powder, asafoetida, Rasam powder.
- Allow it to boil for 5 minutes, next add toor dal water then boil again till bubbles starting from the paruppu rasam.
- Meanwhile check the salt and spicy of paruppu Rasam if you want means add it.
- Now transfer the paruppu rasam in the serving bowl and add crushed items.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now hot and spicy protein rich paruppu rasam is ready to serve.
- Serve this paruppu rasam with hot white rice.