Aval upma recipe – How to make aval upma? Poha Upma for breakfast
August 26, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 1 Comment
How to make Aval upma recipe (Poha Upma recipe) ?
Aval upma recipe is an easy breakfast recipe. its also know as Poha Upma recipe. Red poha or red rice flakes is nothing but flattened rice made from red rice.
- Aval (poha/flattened rice) – 1 cup
- Water to wash poha
- Oil – 2 ½ spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Bengal gram – ½ spoon
- Urad dal – ¼ spoon
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Green chili – 2 no’s (cut in to half)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Lemon juice – 1 spoon (optional)
Steps to cook aval upma recipe:
- At first take a bowl in that add aval next add water then rinse 2 times thoroughly and drain the water completely from aval and keep it aside.
- Take a pan in that add oil when it is heated add mustard seeds and it is splutters add Bengal gram and urad dal.
- After a minute add chopped onion then fry till it become transparent.
- Now add green chili, curry leaves and required salt then fry for a minute.
- It’s time to add soaked poha/aval then mix gently because too much of mixing leads to destroy the texture of aval upma.
- Meanwhile check salt of this dish and switch off the stove.
- Finally add lemon juice and coriander leaves then mix gently and transfer aval upma in to serving plate.
- Now hot and quick aval upma is ready to serve.
- It is a perfect fasting food and quickly making food also.
- Main thing to be noted is the texture of aval not collapsed so be careful while soaking poha/aval in water.
- Drain the water immediately after washing aval.
- You want more healthy means use red aval for making this upma same steps to be followed.
- For fasting or making Prasad to god no need to add onion.
- According to your wish you can add grated coconut at last it will give different taste.
- This is an very easy upma recipe which is made with poha (rice flakes)
- More breakfast recipes: tomato rice recipe | Ven Pongal recipe | Rava kichadi recipe | varagu rice dosa