cabbage poriyal recipe, how to make cabbage poriyal, Cabbage Stir Fry
how to make cabbage poriyal recipe?
Cabbage can help keep your bones and body healthy. Cabbage recipes are good source of vitamin C and vitamin K. Vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenging, harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals. simple cabbage recipes occupies important place in Indian marriages functions meals menu. Lets see how to prepare cabbage poriyal recipe now..
- Cabbage – 1 small size
- Water to cook cabbage
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Bengal gram – ½ spoon
- Urad dal – 1 tea spoon
- Medium sized Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Steps to cook cabbage Poriyal recipe / Cabbage Stir Fry:
- First of all cut the cabbage in to four equal parts then remove the stem from each part of cabbage.
- Next cut the cabbage in to fine julienne size and put in to water.
- Switch on the stove and place a pan. When it is heated add oil then wait for a minute.
- Now add mustard seeds allow it to splutters and add Bengal gram followed by urad dal then fry for a minute.
- It is a time to add chopped onion fry till it become transparent.
- Next add green chili and curry leaves then fry for 2 minutes.
- In meanwhile wash the cabbage and drain the water completely then put in to the pan and add required salt.
- Fry the cabbage until it turns to soft and sprinkle the water and cover it with lid.
- At the middle of the time check water level, salt and cooking level of cabbage, in case cabbage is not cooked means sprinkle some water and cook again.
- After cabbage cooked well add fresh grated coconut and fry for 5 minutes till the coconut fully coated with cabbage.
- Now switch off the stove and transfer cabbage Poriyal in to serving plate.
- Enjoy this hot and healthy cabbage Poriyal with rasam sadam, curd sadam, sambar sadam and hot white rice also.
- Another method to cook cabbage is use red chili, red chili powder, turmeric powder could be added and same steps will be followed for this method.
- This method gives different taste of cabbage Poriyal.
- You can also add lemon juice at final stage.
- This is recipe of cabbage helps to lose weight
- cabbage recipes – cabbage is one of vegetable widely used in Indian cooking.
- cabbage calories : 100 grams contains 25 calories
- what vitamins are in cabbage:
- It is also a very good source of manganese, dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B1, folate and copper. Additionally, cabbage is a good source of choline, phosphorus, vitamin B2, magnesium, calcium, selenium, iron, pantothenic acid, protein and niacin.
- visit to know more about Cabbage: Health Benefits, Facts, Research => click here
- cabbage recipes recommended paleo diet
- few people suggesting cabbage diet plan / 7-day cabbage soup diet for weight loss
- More veg recipes: Black sundal recipe | beetroot pachadi recipe | Sabudana moong dal khichdi