Pachai Payaru Paruppu, how to make Pachai Payaru paruppu, Green gram recipe
September 17, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan Leave a comment
How to make Pachai Payaru Paruppu?
Green gram is rich in fiber content. Pachai Payaru Paruppu goes well with hot rice and few people serve with chapati as well. Pachai payaru also known as green gram in English and Moong dal in Hindi.
For boiling Pachai Payaru:
- Nadu Pachai Payaru – 1 cup
- Water to boil Payaru
- Gingely oil – 1 spoon
- Nadu tomato – 1 (medium size)
- Turmeric powder – ½ spoon
For seasoning Pachai Payaru paruppu:
- Ground nut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Garlic – 5 pods (crushed)
- Shallots – 10 no’s (chopped coarsely)
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander seeds – 1 spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ spoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Ghee for topping
Steps to cook Pachai Payaru paruppu:
- At first wash the Pachai Payaru with water twice to remove impurities like soil and dust from Payaru.
- Switch on the stove place a kadai in that add water and allow it boil, after bubbles comes from water add washed Payaru, gingely oil then tomato and allow it to cook.
- At the middle of the time add turmeric powder and adjust the water level then cook for 10 minutes. (Cook the Payaru with little amount of water because for re-boiling the Pachai Payaru, after adding all the items in it.)
- If the Payaru cooked well means switch off the stove.
- Take another pan, in that add oil when it is heated add mustard seeds and it is splutters, add crushed garlic then fry till it become golden brown.
- Next add shallots, green chili, curry leaves fry for 3 minutes.
- In mean while add salt, coriander seeds, cumin seeds in a cooked Pachai Payaru.
- Now add the fried items in to the Pachai Payaru paruppu and boil again for 5 minutes then switch off the stove.
- Check salt and spicy of Pachai Payaru paruppu, if you want add at this stage.
- Next take a paruppu mathu then mash well the Pachai Payaru paruppu and transfer in to serving bowl then garnish with coriander leaves.
- Now hot and spicy Kongu nadu special Pachai Payaru paruppu is ready to eat.
- Serve this Pachai Payaru paruppu with hot white rice and drizzling some ghee on the top of Pachai Payaru paruppu.
- Here I used nadu Pachai Payaru you can also use hybrid Payaru, but original taste comes from nadu Payaru only.
- In this recipe I used green chili for spicy, you can also add red chili, it give different taste.
- For different taste you can use Bangalore tomato for this recipe.
- more veg recipes: Paruppu Rasam recipe | murungakkai paruppu recipe | Tomato chutney recipe
- It is also know as Pachai Payaru Masiyal, Pachai Payaru Kuzhambu or Pachai payaru kadaiyal
- Health benefits of Pachai Payaru Paruppu
- Helps With Weight Control
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Lean Source of Protein
- Nonmeat Source of Iron