Pachai Payaru Paruppu, how to make Pachai Payaru paruppu, Green gram dal recipe
How to make Pachai Payaru Paruppu?
Pachai Payaru Paruppu (Green gram dal) is rich in fiber content. Pachai Payaru Paruppu goes well with cooked rice and few people serve with chapati as well. Pachai payaru also known as green gram in English and Moong dal in Hindi.
Ingredients fro Pachai Payaru Paruppu:
For boiling Pachai Payaru:
- Nadu Pachai Payaru – 1 cup
- Water to boil Payaru
- Gingely oil – 1 spoon
- Nadu tomato – 1 (medium size)
- Turmeric powder – ½ spoon
For seasoning Pachai Payaru paruppu:
- Ground nut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Garlic – 5 pods (crushed)
- Shallots – 10 no’s (chopped coarsely)
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander seeds – 1 spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ spoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Ghee for topping
Steps to cook Pachai Payaru paruppu:
- At first wash the Pachai Payaru with water twice to remove impurities like soil and dust from Payaru.
- Switch on the stove place a kadai in that add water and allow it boil, after bubbles comes from water add washed Payaru, gingely oil then tomato and allow it to cook.
- At the middle of the time add turmeric powder and adjust the water level then cook for 10 minutes. (Cook the Payaru with little amount of water because for re-boiling the Pachai Payaru, after adding all the items in it.)
- If the Payaru cooked well means switch off the stove.
- Take another pan, in that add oil when it is heated add mustard seeds and it is splutters, add crushed garlic then fry till it become golden brown.
- Now add shallots, green chili, curry leaves fry for 3 minutes.
- In mean while add salt, coriander seeds, cumin seeds in a cooked Pachai Payaru.
- Now add the fried items in to the Pachai Payaru paruppu and boil again for 5 minutes then switch off the stove.
- Check salt and spicy of Pachai Payaru paruppu, if you want add at this stage.
- After that take a paruppu mathu then mash well the Pachai Payaru paruppu and transfer in to serving bowl then garnish with coriander leaves.
- hot and spicy Kongu nadu special Pachai Payaru paruppu is ready to eat.
- Serve this Pachai Payaru paruppu with hot cooked rice and drizzling some ghee on the top of Pachai Payaru paruppu.
- Few people have this pachai payaru recipe with Varagu rice dosa.
- Here I used nadu Pachai Payaru you can also use hybrid Payaru, but original taste comes from nadu Payaru only.
- In this recipe I used green chili for spicy, you can also add red chili, it give different taste.
- For different taste you can use Bangalore tomato for this recipe.
- This is a healthier and tastier pachai payaru recipe.
- Having pachai payaru recipe for rice is good combination.
- Similar popular Indian food from Famous Indian Recipes: Paruppu Rasam recipe | murungakkai paruppu recipe | Tomato chutney recipe
- It is also know as Pachai Payaru Masiyal, Pachai Payaru Kuzhambu or Pachai payaru kadaiyal
- Health benefits of Pachai Payaru Paruppu/ green gram dal recipe
- Helps With Weight Control (weight loss)
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Lean Source of Protein
- Non meat Source of Iron