Curd rice recipe – How to make curd rice recipe ? Thayir sadam, Bagala bath recipe
How to make Curd rice recipe ?
Curd Rice Recipe also called as thayir sadam, Bagala bath recipe or yogurt rice. It is very popular dish in south India. This rice dish is easy to prepare, comforting food. lets see how to prepare with simple steps.
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 ¾ cups
- Groundnut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 table spoon
- Bengal gram – 1 spoon
- Urad dal – ½ spoon
- Ginger – 1 piece (Crushed)
- Big onion – 1 (chopped finely)
- Green chili – 3 no’s (slitted)
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Carrot – 1 (small piece finely chopped)
- Pomegranate – 1 handful
- Paneer grapes (black) – ½ handful
- Curd – 1cup (lightly soured taste)
- Milk – ¼ cup (warm milk)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Steps to cook curd rice:
- First take a bowl in that add raw rice and wash the rice twice.
- Now soak the rice for 15 minutes is enough.
- After 15 minutes drain the water from the rice and pour in to the cooker then add 2 ¾ cup water and pressure cook up to 3 whistles.
- Take a pan in that add groundnut oil when it is heated add mustard seeds and it is splutter add Bengal gram after a minute add urad dal.
- Next add crushed ginger then fry till raw smell disappears from ginger.
- Now add chopped onion, green chili and curry leaves then fry for 5 minutes.
- Add nicely chopped carrot and fry till the colour changed in a medium flame.
- Now add curd into the mixture and reduce flame in to low level then add required salt and mix well for 2 minutes.(if flame will be high means curd release water and it destroy the real taste.)
- Next switch off the stove and remove the pan from fire.
- It is a time to add the cooked rice in to the curd mixture then slowly add the milk to adjust consistency level of curd rice.
- At last add pomegranate pearls, paneer black grapes then mix well.
- Finally transfer curd rice in to serving plate then add finely chopped coriander leaves and serve with mango pickle or lime.
- Hot and fruit mixed curd rice is ready to eat.
- Serve this curd rice with fried pa pad, butter milk chili and etc.,
- Don’t use sour curd and don’t add too much of milk also. Here I am used raw rice for mushy consistency.
- You can use regular rice by using this same method but the taste will be differing.
- More Veg recipe: tomato rice recipe | Mint rice recipe | Arisi Paruppu sadham