Tomato Brinjal Chutney, How to make Tomato Brinjal Chutney, Kathirikai Chutney
How to make Tomato Brinjal Chutney ?
Tomato Brinjal Chutney also known as Kathirikai Chutney or Brinjal Tomato Chutney/ kathirikkai bhajji. Its a Quick recipe goes well with idly, dosa, white rice and ragi kali also. Lets see to prepare Tomato Brinjal Chutney now.
- Groundnut Oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Bengal gram – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Onion – 1 no sliced
- Red chili – 1 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Nadu Tomato – 5 medium sizes (chopped finely)
- Potato – 2 no’s (cut in to cubes)
- Brinjal – 5 no’s (chopped like cubes and put in water to avoid dark colour)
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
Steps to cook Tomato Brinjal Chutney:
- In a pan add oil, after 2 minutes add mustard seeds, when it is splutter add Bengal gram, asafoetida and garlic fry for 1 minute.
- Next add sliced onion, red chili, curry leaves fry for 2 minutes then add turmeric powder, red chili powder and required salt.
- Now add chopped tomato, potato and brinjal fry for 5 to 7 minutes until the tomato become mushy then add water till its fully covers the Tomato brinjal chutney.
- Now close the lid and allow it cook for 15 minutes. (Check the water level, salt and spicy of Tomato brinjal chutney if you want more means add it)
- After the water level decreased to half switch off the stove and using churn (matthu) blend well in to a semi coarse texture. (Don’t use blender or mixer grinder. use butter milk matthu)
- Finally transfer in to a serving bowl, now yummy and spicy Kongu style Tomato brinjal chutney is ready to serve.
- Serve chutney with idly, dosa, white rice and ragi kali also.
- More Chutney recipes: coconut chutney recipe | Thakkali chutney | kara chutney recipe | Arachuvitta kuzhambu