Sweet pongal recipe | sakkarai pongal recipe | chakkara pongal recipe
How to make sweet pongal recipe ?
Sweet pongal recipe also known as sakkarai pongal recipe | chakkara pongal recipe is used to make on festival occasions. This is my favorite pongal recipe. I have already shared how to make ven pongal recipe. Learn how to prepare sweet pongal recipe with simple steps.
Ingredients for sweet pongal recipe:
- Raw rice (pacharisi) – 1 cup
- Jaggery (crushed) – 1 cup
- Raisins – 15 grams
- Cashew nuts – 15 grams
- Ghee – 5 spoons
- Cardamom – 3 no’s
- Honey – 1 spoon
- Water to boil rice
Steps to cook Sweet pongal recipe:
- First wash the raw rice in water twice, then add water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Switch on the stove place a pan and add 2 cups of water then allow it to boil.
- When water boiling add raw rice then close the lid and allow it to cook up to 10 minutes. (After 5 minutes gap add cardamom powder and mix well)
- Now check the rice whether it is cooked or not.
- Next add crushed jaggery and mix well. then cook in a low flame until the jaggery merged well with rice. (Add 2 spoons ghee in this mixture to give good aroma and non sticky)
- At this stage take a pan now add three spoons ghee when it is heated add raisins and cashew then fry until it will become golden colour.
- Now add the fried cashews, raisins and 1 spoon honey in Chakkara pongal and mix well.
- Now simple and delicious traditional sweet pongal recipe is ready to serve.
- In this recipe I didn’t fry the rice and not adding moong dal.
- According to your taste you can fry the moong dal and raw rice and prepare this Chakkarai pongal. (It gives another sweet taste of pongal)
- different style of sweet pongal recipe methods available like kovil sakkarai pongal recipe, sakkarai pongal brahmin recipe style (sakkarai pongal recipe iyengar) and sweet pongal recipe with sugar. This is a Kongu nadu style simple Chakkarai pongal recipe.
- There are two type’s jaggeries available in stores, one in dark brown colour and another in light brown colour.
- Dark colour jaggery gives thick colour but less amount of sweet taste, light colour jaggery gives sweeter and less colour of pongal so according to this take jaggery level correctly.
- Here I put jaggery raw, u can add filtered jaggery.
- few people prepare sweet pongal recipe with jaggery and milk
- More vegetarian recipes from Famous Indian recipes = > Curd Rice recipe | Thiruvathirai kali recipe | Aval upma recipe | Rava kichadi recipe