Aloo bajji recipe – How to make aloo bajji recipe – potato bajji recipe
How to prepare aloo bajji recipe ?
Aloo bajji also known as potato bajji recipe, urulaikilangu bajji recipe or aloo pakora recipe. Aloo bajji is crispy , tasty and quick snacks recipe made with sliced potato. its a tea time snacks recipe which is easy to prepare. learn how to make aloo bajji recipe with simple steps.
- Potato – 2 medium sizes
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Asafoetida – ¼ tea spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ spoon
- Red chili powder – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water to mix
- Oil for deep frying
- Idly batter – 2 spoons (optional)
Steps to cook aloo bajji recipe:
- First take a bowl in that add Besan flour, rice flour followed by red chili powder, asafoetida, salt.
- Next mix well the flour. Now add idly batter and water simultaneously then mix well in to Bajji batter consistency and keep it at rest for 15 minutes.(like not too thin or too thick, medium level batter should be prepared)
- Take a potato. wash well and cut potato in to thin round shape and keep it aside.
- Next take a pan and switch on the stove. when the pan heated add required amount of oil in the pan and wait for 5 minutes
- Take a small part of the Bajji batter and pour in to the oil, to check whether the oil heated or not.
- When the batter puff up from the oil means dip the sliced potato both sides well in batter and pour in to the oil.
- Once oil is heated reduce flame to low, when we put the sliced potatoes in to the oil and then increase the flame in to medium level.
- Then fry both sides well and put into the tissue paper to absorb extra oil from the Bajji.
- Same process will be followed for remaining potatoes.
- Now hot and crispy Aloo Bajji recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve Aloo Bajji with coconut chutney, Kara chutney and tomato ketchup.
- It is a best tea time and rainy time snack.