Beans poriyal recipe, how to make beans poriyal recipe tamil style
December 19, 2018 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 1 Comment
How to make beans poriyal recipe
Beans poriyal recipe is an important part of South Indian Meals. Few people preparing beans poriyal recipe without coconut. here I’m sharing beans poriyal tamil style.
- Bush beans – ¼ kg
- Ground nut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Chana dal – ½ spoon
- Split urad dal – ½ spoon
- Shallots – 10 no’s (chopped roughly)
- Red chilli – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – ¼ spoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ spoon
- Salt as needed (crystal)
- Water to cook beans
- Grated coconut – 4 spoons
Steps to cook Beans Poriyal recipe:
- At first wash the bush beans and chop nicely.
- Next take a kadai and place on the stove, now switch on the stove.
- When kadai is heated, pour ground nut oil and heat it, then add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter, add chana dal and split urad dal fry till it become golden colour.
- Now add roughly chopped shallots, red chilli and curry leaves. fry for 5 minutes.
- Next add chopped beans and fry for 10 minutes in oil.
- It is a time to add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt then fry till all masala items are nicely blend with beans.
- Now add water, it should be bellow the beans Poriyal (don’t add too much water, if means it take time and beans will be mushy)
- Next allow it boiling for 5 minutes. check salt and spicy level, if you want to add salt and spicy means add it now and cover with lid.
- Wait for another 5 minutes. Water should be dried and beans should be cooked well.
- If beans cooked means, add grated coconut and mix well.
- Next switch off the stove, then transfer hot and spicy beans Poriyal recipe in to serving plate.
- Now beans stir fry is ready to serve.
- Serve this beans Poriyal with white rice, all variety rice and etc.,
- Don’t add too much water to cook beans.
- If You want the beans Poriyal crunchy means just sprinkle some water is enough, because we already fried beans in oil for 10 minutes.
- Don’t add more coconut, it will destroy the original taste, use required quantity only.
- I’ll post beans poriyal seivathu eppadi in tamil shortly.
- beans poriyal calories :
- Calories : 104
- Fat : 6.6g
- Carbohydrate 11.2g
- Protein : 2.6g
- More vegetable recipes from Famous Indian Recipes => cabbage poriyal recipe | Mushroom gravy recipe | Vegetable Biryani recipe