how to make cabbage moong dal poriyal, Muttaikose pasi paruppu poriyal
How to make cabbage moong dal poriyal ?
cabbage moong dal poriyal also know as Muttaikose pasi paruppu poriyal, Cabbage Moong Dal Fry, Goes Poriyal, cabbage dal, cabbage fry recipe, cabbage curry recipe, cabbage vepudu or cabbage pasi paruppu poriyal. This Cabbage With Moong Dal recipe is very healthy gowes well with rice and chapatti. cabbage curry recipe is a healthy protein enriched cabbage stir fry made with moong dal.
- Cabbage – 1 small size
- Moong dal – ¼ cup
- Water to cook cabbage
- Salt to taste
- For seasoning:
- Ground nut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Bengal gram – ½ spoon
- Urad dal – 1 tea spoon
- Medium sized Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Green chilli – 2 no’s (slitted)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Grated coconut – 5 spoons
Steps to cook cabbage moong dal poriyal recipe:
- First of all cut the cabbage in to four equal parts then remove the stem from each part of cabbage.
- Take a bowl soak moong dal in water for 10 minutes
- Next cut the cabbage in to fine julienne size and put in to water.
- Switch on the stove and place a pan. When it is heated add ground nut oil then wait for a minute.
- Now add mustard seeds allow it to splutters and add Bengal gram followed by urad dal then fry for a minute.
- It is a time to add chopped onion fry till it become transparent.
- Next add green chilli and curry leaves then fry for 2 minutes.
- In meanwhile wash the cabbage and moong dal then drain the water completely then put in to the pan and add required salt.
- Fry the cabbage and moong dal until it turns to soft and sprinkle the water and cover it with lid.
- At the middle of the time check water level, salt and cooking level of cabbage, in case cabbage and moong dal is not cooked means sprinkle some water and cook again.
- After cabbage and moong dal cooked well add fresh grated coconut and fry for 5 minutes till the coconut fully coated with cabbage.
- Now switch off the stove and transfer cabbage moong dal Poriyal in to serving plate.
- Enjoy this delicious and healthy cabbage moong dal Poriyal with rasam sadam, curd sadam, sambar sadam and hot white rice also.
- Here i am not using turmeric powder, you can also use turmeric powder in to this recipe.
- This method gives good colour and nice aroma to this cabbage moong dal Poriyal recipe.
- You can also add lemon juice at final stage.
- More poriyal recipes from Famous Indian Recipes: kongu style potato poriyal recipe | sivappu keerai poriyal | Beans Poriyal recipe | cabbage poriyal recipe