pudalangai poriyal recipe – how to make pudalangai poriyal recipe ? snake gourd recipe
How to make pudalangai poriyal recipe ?
Pudalangai poriyal recipe also know as snake gourd recipe and potlakaya fry. Pudalangai poriyal recipe is a simple healthy poriyal recipe used to make often in south Indian people. The important health benefits of snake gourd include its ability to reduce fever, detoxify the body, improve digestion, increase hydration, strengthen the immune system, manages diabetes, improve strength and quality of the hair, and aid in weight loss. Snake gourd has been used as a diuretic in traditional medicine for many years, as it stimulates the liver and increases urination, thereby speeding up the elimination of toxins from the body. Lets see how to Prepare Pudalangai poriyal recipe step by step.
- Snake gourd (pudalangai) – 1/2 kg
- Ground nut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Chana dal – ½ spoon
- Split urad dal – ½ spoon
- Shallots – 10 no’s (chopped roughly)
- Red chilli – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – ¼ spoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ spoon
- Salt as needed (crystal)
- Water to cook pudalangai
- Grated coconut – 4 spoons
Steps to cook pudalangai poriyal recipe:
- At first peel the white part of the pudalangai and cut it. Then clean inner part of Pudalangai thoroughly and wash them.
- Now chop the Pudalangai in to small cubes and keep it aside.
- After that take a kadai and place on the stove.
- When kadai is heated, pour ground nut oil and heat it, then add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter, add chana dal and split urad dal fry till it become golden colour.
- And then add roughly chopped shallots, red chilli and curry leaves the fry for 5 minutes.
- This is time to add chopped pudalangai and fry for 10 minutes in oil.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt then fry till all masala items are nicely blend with pudalangai.
- Now add water, it should be above the pudalangai.
- Next allow for boiling and after 5 minutes check salt and spicy level, if you want to add salt and spicy means add it now and cover with lid.
- Wait for another 5 minutes till all water should be dried and pudalangai should be cooked well.
- If pudalangai cooked means, add grated coconut and mix well.
- Next switch off the stove, then transfer spicy and healthy pudalangai Poriyal in to serving plate.
- Now Pudalangai poriyal is ready to serve.
- Serve this Pudalangai Poriyal with white rice, all variety rice and etc.,
- More poriyal recipes : Cabbage Moong Dal Poriyal | kongu style potato poriyal recipe | sivappu keerai poriyal | Beans Poriyal recipe | cabbage poriyal recipe
- Main thing to be noted in this recipe is we need to use fresh Pudalangai.
- Snake gourd, named thus due to its distinct elongated and coiled appearance with light white stripes, confers a host of health benefits such as easing digestion processes, detoxifying the kidneys, revitalizing skin texture and fostering hair growth.
- Recovery from Fever
- Heart Problems
- Cures Dandruff
- Low In Calories
- Rich In Minerals
- Cures Constipation