Vegetable Paniyaram recipe| Kuzhi paniyaram recipe | Gunta ponganalu
how to make Vegetable Paniyaram Recipe ?
Vegetable Paniyaram recipe also known as Kuzhi paniyaram recipe, Gunta ponganalu and instant appe recipe. This Easy Kuzhi Paniyaram goes well with Tomato chutney recipe (Thakkali chutney), Kara chutney and coconut chutney. Veg Paniyaram recipe makes for a nice breakfast dish or dinner . This is a simple and quick Paniyaram recipe using idli dosa batter.
For idly batter:
- Idly rice (IR – 20) – ½ kilogram
- White urad dal – 50 gram
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ spoon
- Water to soak and grind idly batter
- Salt to taste
For seasoning Paniyaram Recipe:
- Sun flower oil – 2 spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Chana dal – ½ spoon
- Split urad dal – ½ spoon
- Big onion – 1 finely chopped
- Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Carrot – 1 grated
- Salt to taste
- Tomato (medium size) – 1 chopped finely optional
Steps to grinding idly batter:
- First soak idly rice in a bowl for minimum 4 hours, same as for white urad dal.
- Soak urad dal separately for 4 hours (add fenugreeks seeds in last 15 minutes).
- After 4 hours, wash urad dal two times and put in to grinder, then grind up to 15 minutes till urad dal become fluffy.
- At middle interval add ice cubes instead of water in urad dal it will increase quantity of urad dal and reduce grinding heat.
- Take a bowl pour urad dal batter, and then pour washed rice in grinder and grind up to light semi coarse batter consistency by adding little amount of water(should not add too much water. the batter consistency should be light thick).
- Next mix urad dal batter and rice batter with required salt and ferment up to minimum 10 hours.
- Once fermentation completed mix again the idly batter very well and keep it a side.
Steps to cook vegetable paniyaram recipe:
- At first switch on the stove place a kadai add oil and heat.
- After 2 minutes add mustard seeds, then it is splutter add chana dal and urad dal then fry till become golden colour.
- Next add finely chopped onion followed by green chilli and curry leaves then fry for 5 minutes.
- Now a time to add grated carrot and required salt for this mixture then fry until colour changed as pale.
- It is a time to switch off the stove and add this vegetable mixer in to idly batter.
- Mix well the vegetable paniyaram recipe batter and keep it aside.
- Next switch on the stove place a paniyara kal and heat in a medium flame.
- Brush with oil in each pit and it is heated pour the vegetable paniyaram batter slowly in each pit.
- After 5 minutes flip the Kuzhi paniyaram recipe on other side and fry till it become golden yellow colour. (Don’t overcook)
- Now take a Easy Kuzhi Paniyaram with the help of spoon or skewer.
- Hot and spicy Veg Paniyaram Recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve this Idli dosa maavu paniyaram recipe with Tomato chutney recipe (Thakkali chutney), Kara chutney and coconut chutney.
- Main thing to note in this vegetable paniyaram is fermentation process of idly batter.
- we should wait minimum 10 hours to ferment this idly batter.
- You can also add your favourite veggie’s like beans capsicum etc.,