pirandai chutney recipe , how to make pirandai chutney recipe, Pirandai Thuvaiyal
How to make pirandai chutney recipe ?
Pirandai has various health benefits. Pirandai chutney recipe also known as Pirandai Thuvaiyal recipe, devil’s back bone chutney, Cissus quadrangularis and veldt grape chutney. veldt grape is also used in various medicines and also in ayurveda medicines. This healthy Pirandai chutney recipe goes well with white rice.
- Pirandai – 20 sticks (your finger sized Pirandai)
- Ground nut oil – 4 spoons
- Chana dal – 3 spoons
- Coriander seeds – 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 tea spoons
- Red chilli – 2 no’s
- Tamarind – small piece
- Shallots – 1 cup (cleaned)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves – 2 stalks
- Salt to taste
- Water to grind chutney
Steps to cook pirandai chutney recipe:
- Pirandai cleaning method: At first take a coconut oil then apply your both palm fully (to avoid itching). Now take a Pirandai, remove the skin and wash them thoroughly then keep it aside (like drumstick cleaning)
- Now switch on the stove place a kadai when it is heated add 2 spoons of groundnut oil and then add cleaned Pirandai then fry till it become crispy(don’t burn).
- Take a fry pan add remaining ground nut oil then add chana dal fry for two minutes then add coriander seeds fry for a minute, then add cumin seeds followed by red chilli, tamarind.
- Next add cleaned shallots fry till it become transparent then add curry leaves, coriander leaves fry for a two second then add already fried Pirandai and required salt then fry for a minute.
- Now cool the mixture completely then transfer Pirandai mixture in to mixer grinder and grind well with little amount of water.
- Healthy and tasty pirandai chutney recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve this Pirandai Thuvaiyal recipe with hot white rice.
- More Chutney recipes from Famous Indian Recipes : Tomato Brinjal Chutney for dosa | coconut chutney recipe | Tomato chutney recipe (Thakkali chutney) | kara chutney recipe | Beetroot chutney recipe
- Here i am using mup Pirandai (three sides) this is very powerful medicinal value.
- For more quantity of chutney you can add double amount of all ingredients.
- One main thing in this adamen creeper is itching problem, so careful while remove the skin of adamen creeper. (Use gloves) .
Cissus quadrangularis is used particularly to treat the following conditions:
- bone loss
- high cholesterol