How to make coconut milk ?
Coconut milk is the liquid that comes from the grated meat of a mature coconut. It should not be confused with coconut water.
- Coconut grated – 2 cups
- Nutmeg (Jathikai) – a pinch
- Nutgall (Masikai) – a pinch
- Cardamom – 5 No’s
- Sugar or jaggery -200 gm
- Dry ginger – a pinch
- Pepper – 3 No’s
Steps to prepare Coconut milk:
- First take the coconut in mixer, add little amount of water and grind it
- After grinding, filter the coconut milk with cotton cloth.
- Repeat the above step 2 times by adding little amount of water.
- Finally collect the milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Now switch on the stove and raise the flame, put the pan on the stove.
- After 5 minutes add cardamom, nutmeg, nutgall, dry ginger, pepper, and jaggery
- Stir continuously; allow it to boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now switch off the stove, hot and sweet recipe is ready to drink.
- For More veg recipes => vegetarian Recipes
- Use jaggery or panai vellam for this recipe
- This recipe will help to reduce body heat and weight. Also good for heart.
- Similar Popular Indian Food recipes from Famous Indian Recipes : chicken soup Recipe | Dates Smoothie Juice | Sabudana moong dal khichdi