How to make Potato Kurma ?
Potato Kurma (also so known as Aloo Kurma) is a fantastic side dish for poori and chapati. It is very easy to make, a special breakfast and dinner recipe.
- Potato – 6 medium sizes
- Big onion – 1(sliced)
- Green chili – 3 (slit)
- Curry leaves – few
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt as needed
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Bengal gram – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp (optional)
- Garlic – 3 no’s (crushed)
- Hing – a pinch
- Water – to boil potato
Steps to boil potato:
- First clean potato from running water and cut in to half.
- In a pressure cooker add ½ tsp turmeric powder, required salt and add water that fully covers the potato.
- Switch on the stove and allow it to cook for 3 whistles.
- Next switch off the stove and allow it to cool down.
- Now remove the potato skin, then coarsely mash and keep it aside.
Steps to cook potato kurma:
- In a pan add oil when it is heated, add mustard seeds allow it to splutters, add Bengal gram, urad dal, hing, garlic fry for a minute.
- Now add sliced onion, green chili, curry leaves, fry for 2 minutes, and then add tomato, fry till it become mushy.
- Add coarsely mashed potato and fry for 2 minutes, now add required salt for this kurma, water and allow it to boil for 10 minutes. (If you want korma thicker means mix 2 spoons Bengal gram flour in water without lumps for thickening).
- Check salt and spicy of the korma, finally add chopped coriander leaves and switch of the stove.
- Hot and spicy potato kurma is ready to eat.
- Serve this potato kurma with poori, chapatti, roti and rice.
- Here I used green chili for spicy, if you want more spicy means add chili powder.(But colour of the kurma will get changed if you add chili powder)
- Click here to view Chapati Cutlets.
- Click here to view kara chutney recipe