How to prepare thinai arisi sambar sadam ?
Thinai arisi sambar sadam – It’s so simple to make and such a delicious rice.
- Thinai arisi – 1 cup
- Moong dal (paasi paruppu) – 1 cup
- Potato – 2 no’s (cut it to cube)
- Carrot – 3 no’s (chopped)
- Beans – 100 gms (chopped)
- Peas – 1 cup
- Samabar powder – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Jeera powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Jeera – ½ tsp
- Small onion – 10 no’s
- Green chilies – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – few
- Tomato – 1(big) chopped
- Garlic – 3 no’s
- Cashew – 6 no’s
- Ghee – 2 spoons
- Water – 3 ½ cups (measure in same rice cup)
Steps to cook thinai arisi sambar sadam:
- First wash all the vegetables and cut it to regular shapes.
- Soak the thinai arisi and moong dal in separate bowl.
- In a cooker add oil, heat for a minute then add Jeera, mustard seeds, when it is splutters add garlic, hing, and fry for a minute.
- Next add chopped small onion and fry till the colour becomes changed.
- Now add green chilies and curry leaves, next add chopped tomato and fry for a minute.
- Next add turmeric powder, red chili powder, jeera powder, sambar powder, coriander powder, salt and fry for a minute.
- Now add all the vegetables and fry for two minutes.
- Next add water and allow it to boil.
- After 10 minutes check the salt, next wash the thinai arisi, moong dal and pour in to the cooker.
- Now close the lid and cook up to 3 whistles.
- Allow it to cool down naturally, then open the lid and add the fried cashew (in a pan add some ghee after it is heated add cashew and fry till it become golden brown).
- Mix well the rice and serve with banana chips and appallam (it’s a good combination; you can also add mango pickle).
- Thinai arisi sambar sadam is ready to serve.
- Click here to refer saamai Rice Pulav recipe.
Leave a Reply