How to prepare Mint rice recipe ?
Mint rice recipe also called as pudina rice recipe, pudina pulao recipe or Pudina Sadam. A healthy and flavorful rice recipe for lunch. Lets see How to make pudina / Mint rice ricipe now.
Normal rice – 1 cup
- Fennel seeds – 1 spoon
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Garlic – 4 no’s
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Mint leaves – 1 handful
- Coriander leaves – few
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Bay leaf – 1 leaf
- Cardamom – 2 no’s
- Marathimoggu – 2 no’s
- Star anise – 2 no’s
- Cashew – 7 no’s
- Onion – 1 sliced (big)
- Green chili – 1 no
- Curry leaves – few
- Tomato – 1 (medium) chopped
- Salt as needed
- Water – 2 cups
Steps to cook Mint rice recipe:
- First wash the rice in running water and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- In a mixer grinder add all the ingredients for grinding fennel seeds, poppy seeds, Cinnamon, Green chili, Garlic, Ginger, Mint leaves and Coriander leaves.
- Then add little amount of water and grind in to fine paste and keep it aside.
- Switch on the stove and place a cooker, add oil when it is heated add bay leaf, cardamom, star anise, Marathimoggu and cashew. fry for a minute.
- Next add sliced onion, green chili, curry leaves and fry for a minute, then add chopped tomato, fry two minutes till it become mushy.
- Now add grinded paste and allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Next add required salt and water, and then allow it to boil.
- Now add rice and mix it well, at this time check salt and add if you need.
- Now close the pressure cooker and cook up to two whistles.
- Switch off the stove and allow cool down naturally.
- Now mix well the mint rice and transfer in to the serving plate.
- Serve colour full mint rice with onion raita.
- Here I used normal rice instead of that you can also use basmati rice or Biryani rice it will increase the taste of mint rice.
- Add lemon juice if you want, after adding rice in the cooker.
- Same procedure should be followed for preparing coriander pula but for coriander pula use one handful coriander leaves and few mint leaves.
- Check More biryani recipes | Tomato Biryani | Vegetable Biryani
Leave a Reply