How to make kara chutney recipe ?
We can serve this Tamilnadu style spicy Kara chutney recipe with idli, dosa, uttapam, bajji and paniyaram. Lets see how to make with simple method.
- Big onion – 2 (medium sizes) finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 (medium size) finely chopped
- Tamarind – 1 piece
- Red chili – 3 no’s
- Salt as needed
- Coriander leaves – few
- Oil – 1 ½ spoons
Steps to cook Kara Chutney Recipe:
- In a pan add oil when it is heated add chopped onion then saute till the colour change to golden.
- Next add chopped tomato and salt, saute till it become mushy then add tamarind, red chili and fry for 2 minutes.
- Finally switch off stove. Then add coriander leaves. (No need to fry coriander leaves)
- Transfer the mixture in to blender and blend it to smooth paste. (Don’t add water and check salt you want more means add it)
- Now hot and spicy Kara chutney recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve this kara chutney with idly, dosa and poori.
- According to the variety of red chili the taste and spicy will be vary so add less or more red chili of your taste.
- If you want thalipppu means (in a kadai add one spoon oil when it is heated add mustard seeds when it is splutters add curry leaves and one red chili) then pour in to Kara chutney then mix well and serve.
Kara chutney Variations:
- There are some variations in Kara chutney by adding few ingredients. Listing few of them here.
- We can add grated coconut with same steps I have mentioned above. (Add grated coconut before adding coriander leaves, fry for 2 minutes and then add coriander leaves)
- Adding grated coconut and Bengal gram is another variety (Bengal gram can be added after onion. Fry till it become golden colour and add grated coconut in last)
- Quantity of grated coconut – ½ cup
- Quantity of Bengal gram – 2 spoons
- Other ingredients are same quantity
Click here to read beetroot chutney recipe preparation
Leave a Reply