how to make beetroot pachadi recipe ?
Pachadi is the traditional south Indian side dish. Learn how to make the best beetroot pachadi recipe.
- Beetroot – 2 medium sized
- Oil – 2 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Bengal gram – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1 (big) sliced
- Red chili – 3 no’s
- Curry leaves – few
- Thick curd – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Water to boil beetroot
Steps to cook beetroot pachadi recipe:
- First remove beetroot skin and cut in to long size (refer picture) and keep it a side.
- In a kadai add oil when it is hot add mustard seeds when it is splutters add Bengal gram, urad dal and fry till it become golden colour.
- Next add sliced onion, red chili, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add beetroot pieces and salt then fry for 3 minutes, now add water till it covers the beetroot fully and cook up to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes check the beetroot it is cook or not by touching the beetroot.
- If it is cooked means switch off the stove and add thick curd and mix well.
- Check the salt of beetroot Pachadi, if you want means add it and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Colorful and healthy beetroot Pachadi is ready to serve.
- Serve this beetroot Pachadi with hot white rice.
Another method to cook beetroot pachadi recipe:
- First boil the beetroot with salt and water and keep it a side.
- In a kadai add oil when it is heated, add mustard seeds when it is splutters add Bengal gram, urad dal then add sliced onion, red chili and curry leaves then fry for two minutes.
- In a low flame add thick curd, salt and mix well then switch off the stove and remove the kadai from the stove.
- Now add boiled beetroot with this curd and mix well the Pachadi then check salt of beetroot Pachadi, if you want means add it.
- Beetroot Pachadi is ready to serve.
- Click here to view beetroot chutney