tomato rice recipe, how to prepare tomato rice, thakkali sadam
August 6, 2017 by Loganayaki Thamilselvan 5 Comments
how to make tomato rice recipe?
Tomato Rice recipe is a famous South Indian recipe. It is delicious and simple to prepare. Learn how to make simple tomato rice recipe.
- Cooking rice – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Garlic – 4 pods (crushed)
- Small onion – 10 no’s (finely chopped)
- Red chili – 1 no (long red chili)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Tomato – 3 no’s (medium sized finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – ½ spoon
- Red chili powder – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground nut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ spoon
Steps to cook tomato rice recipe:
- First soak rice for 15 minutes then wash the rice twice and drain the water completely.
- Now switch on the stove, place a cooker then add oil when it is heated add mustard seeds then it is splutters add cumin seeds.
- Next add crushed garlic then add small onion, red chili, curry leaves then fry for 5 minutes in a medium flame.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till it become mushy, add all spices and turmeric powder, red chili, salt then fry for a second.
- Now add two cups water and washed rice then allow it to boil
- After 5 minutes check salt and spicy of tomato rice and close the pressure cooker then cook up to 2 whistles.
- After pressure will be release from the cooker, open it and mix well thakkali sadam.
- Very simple hot and spicy tomato rice is ready to serve.
- Enjoy tomato rice with mango pickle, onion raita, vadagam.
- Here I used Bangalore tomato; you can also use nadu tomato for different yummy taste.
- More Variety rice recipes : Mint rice recipe | Arisi Paruppu sadham | Vegetable fried rice | Tamarind Rice recipe | Thinai arisi sambar sadam |