how to make rava laddu recipe ?
If you ask your kids “kanna laddu thinna aasaiya” they will be very happy and say give me one more laddu ma..! rava laddu recipe is a traditional and delicious sweet dish. its also know as Suji ladoo recipe, or Sooji Ladoo. Lets see how to prepare rava laddu recipe. here im sharing rava ladoo recipe south Indian method.
- Sooji (rava) – 1 cup
- Ghee – 5 spoons
- Cashew nuts – 10 no’s
- Raisins – 10 no’s
- Cardamom – 1 spoon
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Milk – ½ tumbler (optional)
Steps to cook rava laddu recipe:
- First switch on the stove, place a pan when it is heated add 5 spoons ghee then add cashews and raisins.
- Fry till it become golden colour in a medium flame.
- After wards drain cashews and raisins from the ghee and put it to a bowl.
- Next add Sooji, fry till we get nice aroma (Be careful while roasting sooji because it destroys the original taste of rava laddu) then transfer in to a bowl.
- In same pan add sugar and water then allow it to boil. (while boiling add cardamom powder)
- Check one string consistency of sugar syrup and whether the sugar syrup getting that stage means switch off the stove.
- Now slowly add the sugar syrup in to that rava mixture bowl.
- Mix well the rava to avoid lumps. (If lumps formed means it is hard to break)
- After mixed well the rava wait for 10 minutes, then take small part of rava and make a round shape.
- If rava mixture so hard means add light Luke warm milk and mix well the rava mixture. (Milk will increase the taste of rava laddu)
Or else if the rava mixture is too sticky means wait for another 10 minutes and make a balls.
- Follow the same steps to make rava laddu; tasty rava laddu is ready to serve.
- For making rava laddu some steps are carefully noted.
- First one is ghee, use pure and fresh ghee for making rava laddu
- Next one is sugar syrup, while making sugar syrup watch carefully and if few seconds missing means sugar syrup will be too sticky.
- Don’t add all the sugar syrup at a time. If we adding means the sooji will absorb all sugar syrup completely and it is hard to make a ball.
- In that time add 1/2 tumbler water and same quantity sugar and make syrup (no need wait for one sting consistency if bubbles coming means stop the syrup and slowly add it the rava mixture).
- rava laddu used to serve as Janmashtami recipes (gokulashtami recipes) and diwali recipes
- More sweet recipes: 7 cups burfi recipe | Rava kesari recipe | gulab jamun recipe | sabudana payasam recipe
Leave a Reply