Murungakkai Biryani recipe, how to make Murungakkai Biryani recipe, drumstick biryani recipe
How to make Murungakkai Biryani recipe?
Already i have shared murungakkai paruppu recipe in drumstick recipe category. now we are going to see how to make Biryani recipe with drumstick. biryani recipes are my all time favorite. biryani recipes occupying top in our family functions and party celebrations recipes menu. this Murungakkai Biryani recipe is an easy and healthy recipe and kids will like this.
Ingredients for drumstick biryani recipe:
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves and mint leaves – ¼ cup (chopped finely)
- Lemon juice – 1 spoon (optional)
- Curd – 1 spoon (optional)
For preparing drumstick flesh:
- Drumstick – 5 no’s (take fully flesh rich drum stick)
- Water to boil drumstick
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Salt to taste
For seasoning Murungakkai Biryani recipe:
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 2 no’s
- Cardamom – 2 no’s
- Marathimoggu – 2 no’s
- Onion – 1 chopped slice.
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Fennel seeds – ¾ spoon
- Poppy seeds – ½ tea spoon
Steps to cook Murungakkai Biryani recipe:
- First of all wash the basmati rice twice and add some water then keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Cut the drumstick in to finger size, then peel some skin from the drumstick and wash it.
- Take a pan, in that add water, when it is boiling add washed drumstick, turmeric powder and pinch of salt.
- Cook this drumstick until it become soft, then drain the water completely and take flesh from drumstick.
- Next take a mixer grinder in that add green chili, cinnamon, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, ginger, and garlic, then add some water in that and grind it in to a fine paste.
- Take a pressure cooker add oil when it is heated add all spices like bay leaf, cardamom, star anise, Marathimoggu.
- Now add onion. fry till it become transparent, then add grinded masala fry till the oil separate from the masala.
- Next add boiled drumstick flesh and fry for 5 minutes, now add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves fry for 2 minutes.
- At this point add required amount of water and salt then allow it to boil.
- Drain the water from the basmati rice and put it to the cooker and allow it to boiling.
- Now check the salt of the dish and add lemon juice and curd.
- Close the lid and cook up to one whistle then reduce the flame in to minimum level for Dum for 5 minutes.
- Now switch off the stove and allow it to cool down naturally then open the lid and mix well the drumstick biryani recipe.
- Serve hot and tasty, healthy Murungakkai Biryani recipe with cucumber, onion raita.
- More biryani recipes: Tomato Biryani recipe | Vegetable Biryani
- Drumstick is a rich iron vegetable; it is good for children and adults also.
- Use fresh drumstick for best result, use nadu drumstick, it is rich in flesh and good taste also.
- Here I didn’t use tomato, you can use one tomato for little different taste.
- Here I am used basmati rice you can also use seeraga samba rice and normal rice.