how to make cabbage poriyal recipe?
Cabbage can help keep your bones and body healthy. Cabbage recipes are good source of vitamin C and vitamin K. Vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenging, harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals. simple cabbage recipes occupies important place in Indian marriages functions meals menu. Lets see how to prepare cabbage poriyal recipe now..
- Cabbage – 1 small size
- Water to cook cabbage
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Bengal gram – ½ spoon
- Urad dal – 1 tea spoon
- Medium sized Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Steps to cook cabbage Poriyal recipe / Cabbage Stir Fry:
- First of all cut the cabbage in to four equal parts then remove the stem from each part of cabbage.
- Next cut the cabbage in to fine julienne size and put in to water.
- Switch on the stove and place a pan. When it is heated add oil then wait for a minute.
- Now add mustard seeds allow it to splutters and add Bengal gram followed by urad dal then fry for a minute.
- It is a time to add chopped onion fry till it become transparent.
- Next add green chili and curry leaves then fry for 2 minutes.
- In meanwhile wash the cabbage and drain the water completely then put in to the pan and add required salt.
- Fry the cabbage until it turns to soft and sprinkle the water and cover it with lid.
- At the middle of the time check water level, salt and cooking level of cabbage, in case cabbage is not cooked means sprinkle some water and cook again.
- After cabbage cooked well add fresh grated coconut and fry for 5 minutes till the coconut fully coated with cabbage.
- Now switch off the stove and transfer cabbage Poriyal in to serving plate.
- Enjoy this hot and healthy cabbage Poriyal with rasam sadam, curd sadam, sambar sadam and hot white rice also.
- Another method to cook cabbage is use red chili, red chili powder, turmeric powder could be added and same steps will be followed for this method.
- This method gives different taste of cabbage Poriyal.
- You can also add lemon juice at final stage.
- This is recipe of cabbage helps to lose weight
- cabbage recipes – cabbage is one of vegetable widely used in Indian cooking.
- cabbage calories : 100 grams contains 25 calories
- what vitamins are in cabbage:
- It is also a very good source of manganese, dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B1, folate and copper. Additionally, cabbage is a good source of choline, phosphorus, vitamin B2, magnesium, calcium, selenium, iron, pantothenic acid, protein and niacin.
- visit to know more about Cabbage: Health Benefits, Facts, Research => click here
- cabbage recipes recommended paleo diet
- few people suggesting cabbage diet plan / 7-day cabbage soup diet for weight loss
- More veg recipes: Black sundal recipe | beetroot pachadi recipe | Sabudana moong dal khichdi
Leave a Reply