mutton biryani recipe, how to make easy mutton biryani recipe, Lamb Biryani
how to make easy mutton biryani recipe
Biryani is loved by almost every person in India. mutton biryani recipe / Lamb Biryani recipe is one of Famous Indian recipe which occupies most of party celebrations and functions menu these days. here i’m sharing delicious and best mutton biryani recipe with simple steps. Learn how to prepare mutton biryani in cooker now.
- Mutton – ½ kilo gram
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Groundnut oil – 3 spoons
- Ghee – 1 spoon
- Bay leaf – 2 pieces
- Star anise – 3 no’s
- Green cardamom – 3 no’s
- Marathi moggu – 3 sticks
- Cashew – 10 no’s (optional)
- Big onion – 1 chopped like slice
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Tomato (big and ripped) – 1 chopped finely
- Turmeric powder – ½ spoon
- Chilli powder – 1 spoon
- Biryani masala – 1 spoon
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – ½ spoon
- Salt as required
- Water – 5 ½ cups (rice measuring cup)
- Lemon juice – 1 spoon
- Fresh curd – 3 spoons
- Cinnamon – 2 sticks
- Fennel seeds – 1 ¼ spoon
- Poppy seeds – ½ spoon
- Garlic – 7 pods
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Mint leaves – 1 handful
- Coriander leaves – ½ handful
- Little amount water to grind
Steps to prepare mutton biryani recipe:
- At first wash mutton and cut it to cubes then keep it aside.
- Next wash basmati rice 2 times and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- Take a mixer grinder in that add all the items for grinding and grind in to a smooth paste.
- Now switch on the stove place a pressure cooker add oil and ghee when it is heated, add all raw spices one by one bay leaf, cardamom, star anise, Marathi moggu, cashew and fry till it become golden yellow colour.
- It is time to add sliced onion fry for a minute, add green chilli and ginger garlic paste fry till raw smell disappear, then add chopped tomato fry till it become mushy.
- Next add all spices powder turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Kashmir chilli powder, Biryani masala and then required salt.
- Fry those masala items in oil for 2 minutes (don’t burn the masala) next add mutton pieces and fry well in oil. (Till mutton attain bigger than original size in low flame)
- Its time to add grinded masala. fry till oil release from sides in low flame.
- After that add 1 ½ cup water and allow it cook in high flame.
- After 20 minutes, check mutton pieces whether it is cooked or not.
- If it is done means add 4 cups water and allow it to boil then add washed rice then wait for 10 minutes.
- Next add lemon juice and curd in mutton biryani recipe and mix well.
- Finally check spicy and salt for the mutton biryani and close lid, then cook up to only one whistle.
- Now slow the flame and allow for Dum in 10 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and allow it to cool down naturally, after pressure released from cooker open it and mix gradually.
- Transfer South Indian Style Mutton biryani recipe in to serving plate and serve with onion raita and spicy mutton kuzhambu.
- Now hot and spicy easy mutton biryani recipe / Lamb Biryani recipe is ready.
- More biryani recipes Famous Indian Recipe : Murungakkai Biryani recipe | Tomato Biryani recipe | Vegetable Biryani recipe
Nutritional Benefits Of Mutton or Goat Meat:
- In the first place it is Excellent Iron Source
- Rich Source of Healthy Fats like Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- High in Protein
- Contains Lower Saturated Fat than Beef
- Good for Blood Circulation and in addition mutton is healthy for bone
- As a matter of fact Fabulous For Metabolism
- Improves the quality of good cholesterol levels
- Here i used basmati rice, you can use seeraga samba rice also, and the taste will be differing.
- If mutton is not cooked in 1 and ½ cup water, add another cup water. (adjust the spicy level by adding biryani masala).
- More Non – Vegetarian recipes from Famous Indian Recipes: Mutton gravy recipe | Fish Curry recipe | Mutton Chukka recipe