How to make thengai obbattu recipe ?
This thengai obbattu recipe is a South Indian sweet recipe also known as coconut obbattu recipe, Coconut Poli Recipe, Thengai Poli recipe, kayi holige recipe, coconut puran poli, kayi obbattu and kobbari obbattu in different part of India. This coconut poli is very easy to make and delicious one.
We used to make this Sweet Poli for Bogi. The South Indian Poli Recipe is a very traditional recipe that is made with a combination of spices and coconut. Learn how to prepare thengai obbattu recipe with simple step.
- Maida flour – ½ cup
- Pinch of salt
- Water to prepare batter
- Oil for deep frying
- Ghee – 2 spoons
- Fresh coconut – 2 cup (grated)
- Cardamom powder – 1 spoon
- Jaggery – 1 cup (crushed)
Steps to cook thengai obbattu recipe:
- First of all take a bowl add sieved maida flour, followed by pinch of salt and required water.
- Mix all items gradually and make a smooth batter consistency.
- The batter should be little thin ( not too thick).
- Now take a pan in that add ghee when it is heated add grated coconut and fry till it changes golden yellow colour in medium flame.(don’t over fry).
- After 10 minutes add cardamom powder and mix well, now add crushed jaggery.
- Fry till jaggery coated well with coconut and switch off the stove.
- Let cool down coconut jaggery mixture for 5 minutes.
- Take a small portion of coconut jaggery mixture and make a round shape ball using your palms. Repeat the same steps till all coconut jaggery mixture finished and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Next take a frying pan in that add oil for frying, in mean while dip the coconut jaggery mixture in maida flour batter.
- When oil is heated add dipped coconut jaggery balls in maida batter and fry both sides well and put in a tissue paper or kitchen towel to absorb extra oil from thengai obbattu recipe. Repeat the same process till all coconut jaggery balls are fried in oil.
- Now kongunadu traditional hot and sweet thengai obbattu recipe is ready to serve.
- In this recipe i used jaggery for sweet, you can use sugar but colour and taste will be differing.
- Serve this Thengai Obbattu recipe as hot because it cools down means, will be little hard to eat.
- Serve this coconut obbattu recipe without fried in oil also.
- You can also use filtered jaggery for making Thengai Obbattu recipe.
- More sweet recipes from Famous Indian Recipes : rava laddu recipe | gulab jamun recipe | Rava kesari recipe | 7 cups burfi recipe
Leave a Reply