How to make Instant Mango pickle recipe in home?
Instant Mango Pickle goes well with Curd rice, Chapati, Aloo paratha ect., In Tamil we called it as Mangai urugai. Here i’m sharing typical south Indian Style Mango pickle recipe preparation steps.
- Raw mango – 2 (big un ripe mangoes)
- Salt as needed (crystal)
- Sesame oil – 4 spoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ spoon
- Fenugreek powder – ½ spoon
- Asafoetida – ¼ tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ spoon
- Red chilli – 1 ½ spoons
- Red chilli – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Steps to prepare instant mango pickle:
- At first take a wide bowl and keep it a side.
- Now wash thoroughly the unripe mangoes and chop nicely.
- Next pour the required salt and chopped mangoes in a bowl and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes take a bowl and drain the water coming out from mangoes.
- Now place a kadai on a stove and heat it, then add sesame oil and wait for a minute.
- Next add ½ spoon mustard seeds and allow it to splutter, add asafoetida followed by fenugreek powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder, red chilli and curry leaves in a low flame.
- Fry those masala in oil for a minute then add raw mangoes and mix well with masala items.
- After 10 minutes all masala are nicely blend with raw mangoes and cooked too.
- Now switch off the stove and transfer spicy, juicy, mouth watering instant mango pickle in a jar or air tight container.
- Enjoy this instant mango pickle with curd rice, white rice, all types of variety rice and etc.,
- Please note that the whole process should be done only in low flame.
- Use this superb dish for 10 days till you put in refrigerator, otherwise use 3 days if you keep it outside.
- According to your spicy and salt level you can adjust quantity of salt and spice.
- Pickle recipes can be served almost all Indian recipes.
- Here I am used homemade red chilli powder, you can also use store bought powder or Kashmir red chilli powder.
- If you want the recipe immediately or mangoes should be crunchy means don’t put mangoes in salt for 20 minutes.
Straightly you can fry raw mangoes in masala’s.
- More Veg recipes from Famous Indian recipes = > thengai obbattu recipe | Black sundal recipe | Aval upma recipe