How to make Red Aval Paal Pongal ?
Red Aval Paal Pongal is a healthy and tasty recipe to offer to lord Krishna on Sri Krishna Jayanthi. Red Aval Paal Pongal also known as Red aval Sakkarai pongal, Red poha sweet recipe and poha Pongal. Aval Sakkarai pongal is one of the easiest and quickest pongal recipe.
- Red aval – 1 cup
- Ghee – 5 spoons
- Cashew nuts – 10 no’s (Roughly Chopped)
- Raisins – 10 no’s
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Water – ¼ cup
Steps to cook Red Aval Pongal:
- Take a heavy bottom kadai to add two spoons of ghee in it, now add broken cashews nuts and raisins fry till it becomes golden colour.
- Next, remove it from Kadai and put it in a plate.
- Now add red aval in the same Kadai and fry for five minutes till it becomes golden colour.
- Now add boiled cold milk in it then allow it to cook in medium flame.
- After 5 minutes add cardamom powder, it gives nice aroma and flavour to Red Aval Pongal.
- In meanwhile take a pan in that add jaggery and water mix it well and allow it to boil till jaggery becomes fully meltdown.
- Stir two times while melting jaggery and switch off the stove.
- Check aval is fully cooked or not, if not means add more milk to cook completely.
- Now a time to add melted jaggery and mix well cook till jaggery becomes fully absorbed by red aval.
- Now add fried cashews and raisins in red aval Pongal and transfer into a serving bowl.
- Now hot and sweet, healthy red aval Pongal is ready to eat.
- Few people avoid milk for this sweet recipe.
- Visit for More sweet recipes: homemade palkova recipe | thengai obbattu recipe |boondi ladoo recipe
Leave a Reply