How to prepare Beetroot chutney?
Beetroot chutney is a delicious dish with a wonderful colour and taste. Let’s see how to prepare now.
- Beetroot grated – 1 cup
- Small onion – 10 no’s (Medium size)
- Red chili – 3 no’s
- Coriander seeds – 1 spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Tamarind – small piece
- Bengal gram (Kadalai paruppu) – 2 tsp
- Coconut grated – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 2 spoons
- Salt to taste
Steps to fry:
- In a pan add oil. Once heated add cleaned small onion 10 no’s, fry for few seconds.
- Now add Bengal gram, fry till it become light brown (Don’t over fry), add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chili and tamarind. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Next add grated beetroot, fry for 5 minutes (Don’t over fry. cook on a medium flame)
- Now add grated coconut, required salt and finally add curry leaves.
- Switch of the stove and allow it to cool down.
Steps to make beetroot chutney:
- Next grind fried items in mixture without adding water.
- Now check the salt of the chutney and add little amount of water then grind well.
- Next transfer chutney in to serving bowl.
- Colour full beetroot chutney is ready to eat.
- If you want chutney too thick or too watery means adjust the salt and water level when we are grinding.
- I used long red chili for this chutney, you can also use your own red chili varieties but the taste will be vary depends on red chilly variety.
- It is a perfect side dish for idly, dosa and good combination for rice also.
- Click here to view kara chutney recipe
- Beetroots are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas).
- Beetroots also contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.