How to make black sundal recipe (kala channa sundal) ?
black sundal recipe, This is an easy sundal recipe with brown channa or kondai kadalai also known as Kala channa sundal. This Channa Sundal recipe is a healthy, low fat South Indian style protein rich snack.
- Black chana sundal – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Bengal gram – 1 tea spoon
- Urad dal – 1 tea spoon
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Lemon juice – ½ spoon (optional)
- Chat masala – 1 spoon (optional)
- Garam masala – ½ spoon (optional)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Steps to cook black sundal recipe:
- First soak the black sundal/kala channa sundal over night with water.
- Next wash black channa sundal twice and drain the water completely.
- Take a pressure cooker in that add washed black sundal, water and required salt then close the lid and switch on the stove.
- Cook the black sundal up to 4 whistles and switch off the stove.
- After pressure will be cool down open the cooker and drain the water completely.
- Take a pan in that add oil and it is heated add mustard seeds allow for splutter.
- Next add Bengal gram then fry for a minute and add urad dal.
- Now add finely chopped onion and fry till it become transparent followed by adding green chili, curry leaves and ½ tea spoon salt.
- In mean while add masala items like chat masala, garam masala then fry for a minute.
- It is time to add the cooked black chana sundal and fry till it become coated with fried items.
- Finally add grated coconut and lemon juice then mix well for a minute to coconut will be cooked.
- At this time check salt and spicy of black sundal, if you want means add salt and for spicy add pepper it will give good taste.
- At last add coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
- Now transfer the black sundal/kala channa sundal in serving plate and enjoy.
- It is a special recipe for ganesh chaturti and navaratri sundal recipes.
- It is a perfect evening time healthy snack for kids and adults also.
- For preparing Prasad for god means no need to add onion and masala items like chat masala and garam masala.
- More recipes : Aval upma recipe | Vazhakkai Bajji Recipe | rava laddu recipe
Few black sundal benefits:
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Stabilizes Blood Sugar and Low Glycemic Index (GI)
- Great Source of Iron
- Good Source of Protein for Vegetarians