how to make peas pulao recipe easily?
peas pulao is a simple and healthy pulao recipe. There are many varieties in the recipe of peas pulao. lets see how to prepare green peas pulao recipe.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Peas – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 2 nos
- Marathi moggu – 1 no
- Cardamom – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 no
- Onion (big) – 1 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green chili – 4 nos
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – 1 spoon
Steps to cook peas pulao recipe:
- First wash the basmati rice and soak in water for 15 minutes and drain the water then keep it aside.
- In a cooker add oil and allow it to heat then add bay leaf, Star anise Marathi moggu, Cardamom, Cinnamon.
- Next add onion and fry till the colour become changed, and then add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smells disappear.
- Now add green chili, then soaked rice, peas and fry for a minute.
- Next add 2 cups of water and allow it to boil, then close the cooker.
- Cook the rice for 2 whistles and reduce the heat it to low flame for 5 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Allow it to cool naturally and open the lid, add ghee and mix well.
- Now peas Pulao recipe is ready to eat. Serve with cucumber raita. It is nice combination.
- For More veg recipes => vegetarian Recipes
- We can also add pepper powder for this recipe. (If u wants more spicy means)
- I used green peas; you can also use dried peas. (Dried peas could be soaked overnight)
- This is one of popular Indian dish.
- Similar Popular Indian Food from famous Indian Recipes : Cauliflower Matar Gravy | Vegetable fried rice | Tomato Biryani
- Green peas are a very good source of manganese, phosphorus, dietary fiber, copper, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B1 and folate.
- They also good source of vitamin B6, vitamin B2, molybdenum, magnesium, niacin, zinc, protein, iron, potassium and choline.