How to make kambu curd rice ?
Kambu curd rice or Pearl millet curd rice known as Kambu Thayir Sadam in Tamil and bajra in Hindi, Telugu: Gantilu, Kannada: Sajje. I used broken kambu to prepare this recipe. This millet recipe is a fiber rich and which cools body, so suitable for summer also it a favorite food for most of the south Indians! Lets see how to prepare healthy kambu thayir sadam with simple steps.
Ingredients for Kambu curd rice:
- Broken Pearl millet (udaitha kambu) – 2 cups
- Water – 6 cups
- Salt – as needed
- Curd – 1 cup
- Bellary onion – ¼ cup (chopped finely)
Steps to cook Kambu curd rice:
- At first take a bowl add two cups of broken pearl millet then wash twice and drain the water completely.
- Now take a pressure cooker add in washed pearl millet then add six cups of water and add ½ spoon of salt.
- Now close a cooker and cook up to 4 whistles then switch off the stove.
- Wait till pressure completely release from the cooker.
- Now kambu sadam is ready, then cool up to room temperature.
- Next pour one cup of water slowly on the top of the kambu sadam then cover with lid and set aside for overnight.
- Next day Morning take kambu sadam in a serving bowl and add ½ cup of kambu sadam water, curd and required amount of salt and finally add chopped onion then mix well.
- Cool Cool kambu thayir sadam is ready to serve.
- Serve this kambu thayir sadam with Mor Milagai , mango pickle, coloured fryums etc.,
- Here i used broken pearl millet, if you have whole pearl millet means don’t worry just taken in a mixer jar then pulse two times that’s it. Broken pearl millet is ready.
- Use fresh curd for good taste.
- Use spoon to take kambu sadam from cooker, because if we use hand means it may easily decompose soon, whole kambu sadam will be wasted, we couldn’t use for long time, so careful while handling this.
- Famous Indian recipes Millet recipes : Varagu Arisi Ven Pongal | Ragi murukku recipe | varagu rice dosa | Ragi vada | Thinai arisi sambar sadam |
- High in protein
- High in Fiber
- Complete Protein for Vegetarian
- Gluten free
- Good for Diabetics
- Good For Heart
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Relieves Constipation
- Good for Endurance
- Rich Folic Acid