How to make onion bajji recipe
Fritters are one of the best snack that the Indian cuisine has to offer. onion bhaji is also known as Onion Fritters Recipe and vengaya bajji recipe. Bhaji recipe is one of best tea time and rainy time snack. Hot bajji and coconut chutney along with tea will come in front of our eyes whenever we are in the rainy weather. Learn how to prepare Onion Bajji Recipe now with simple steps.
onion bhaji ingredients
- Onion – 2 big sizes
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Asafoetida – ¼ tea spoon
- Red chili powder – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water to mix
- Oil for deep frying
- Idly batter – 2 spoons (optional)
Steps to cook onion bajji recipe:
- First take a bowl in that add Besan flour, rice flour followed by red chili powder, asafoetida and salt.
- Next mix well the flour and now add idly batter and water simultaneously then mix well in to Bajji batter consistency and keep it at rest for 15 minutes.(like not too thin or too thick, medium level batter should be prepared)
- Now peel the onion and cut it to round shape and keep it in fridge for 10 minutes to avoid breaking of round shape.
- Next take a pan and switch on the stove when the pan heated add required amount of oil for deep frying.
- Take small part of the Bajji batter and pour in to the oil, to check whether the oil heated enough or not. (When the batter puff up from the oil then we can start)
- Dip the onion carefully in batter and pour in to the oil.
- Once oil is heated the flame should be reduced in to low level, when we put the sliced onions in to the oil we can increase the flame to medium level. Then fry both sides well and put into the tissue paper to absorb extra oil from the Bajji.
- Same process will be followed for remaining onions.
- Now hot and crispy Onion Bajji is ready to serve.
- Serve Onion Bajji with coconut chutney and tomato ketchup.
- It is a best tea time and quick snack recipe.
- More Snacks recipe : Black sundal recipe | masala vada recipe | sabudana payasam recipe | sabudana moong dal khichdi