how to make Ragi murukku?
Ragi murukku is easy to make also crispy and delicious recipe. learn how to make easy finger millet murukku recipe now.
- Ragi flour – ½ kg
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Channa dal (pottu kadalai) -1/4 kg
- Butter – 100 Gms
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder – 2 spoons
- Hing – a pinch
- Water to mix
- Oil for frying
- White sesame – 10 Gms
Steps to make ragi dough:
- First grind the Channa dal in to fine powder and sieve it.
- Take a big bowl first pour all the flour and mix gradually.
- Next add salt, chili powder, butter, white sesame and mix well.
- Now slowly add the water and make smooth chapatti dough consistency and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Steps to cook ragi murukku:
- Now switch on the stove and place a kadai and add oil for deep frying.
- In a murukku maker (murukku pudi) apply some oil in three whole disc and put it to the inner vessel and pour dough in to the murukku maker.
- Now take a plate and grease as under part of the plate.
- Place a plate as upside down, now press the murukku maker in a circular motion in that plate (one circular motion)
- Pour the ragi murukku in to the heated oil (check the oil before immerse the murukku whether it is heated or not)
- Fry the ragi murukku both sides well and put it to the kitchen tissue paper to drain the extra oil. (Fry the murukku until the bubbles stop in the oil, it is the identification of fried murukku)
- Check the salt and spicy of the ragi murukku, if you want add it and knead the dough again.
- After taking dough in to the murukku maker knead the ragi murukku dough thoroughly to avoid dryness and it become easy to press the murukku in murukku maker.
- Repeat the above step continuously until the dough completed.
- After the ragi murukku comes under room temperature transfer the ragi murukku in air tight container.
- Hot, crispy and healthy ragi murukku ready to eat.
- more recipes: gulab jamun recipe | Potato Bonda | Ragi vada | Rava kesari recipe
- If the shape of the ragi murukku not coming means add urad dal flour 2 spoons and kneads the dough then make a murukku.
- If Channa dal flour and butter is increased means the shape of murukku will not come so use correct measurement.