How to make Gulab jamun recipe ?
gulab jamun recipe, this popular Indian dessert usually enjoyed during festive occasions. We can prepare easy gulab jamun recipe at home. Gulab jamun recipe also known as Gulab jaman (Northern India/Pakistan), lal mohan (North India / Nepal), gulabjam (Eastern India/Bangladesh), gulaabujaanu in Maldives. learn how make gulab jamun recipe with simple steps.
Gulab jamun ingredients:
- Sweet less Khoya – ½ kilo gram
- Sweet Khoya – 100 grams
- Maida (All purpose flour) – 150 grams
- Cooking soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Milk – ¼ tumbler
- Oil for deep frying
For syrup ingredients:
- Water – 1 ½ liter
- Sugar – 700 grams
- Cardamom – 1 spoon (crushed/powder)
- Rose water – 1 teaspoon
Gulab jamun recipe step by step:
- Take a bowl in that first add sweet less Khoya, sweet Khoya, maida, cooking soda then mix well the ingredients and make a smooth dough.
- While making the dough ensure no lumps formed in that gulab jamun mixture because it will destroy the shape of gulab Jamun.
- When dough gets dry, sprinkle little amount of milk and then make a smooth dough and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Next take small portion of dough, apply ghee or milk in your palm and make smooth balls with the help of your palm and set aside.
- In a kadai add oil for frying gulab Jamun when it is heated fry the balls in a low flame and turn the balls in the oil, fry till it become golden brown colour.
- Drain the gulab Jamun from the oil by placing in the kitchen tissue paper to absorb extra oil from the Jamun.
Steps for preparing sugar syrup for gulab jamun:
- In a pan add sugar and water then mix well. Switch on the stove now place a pan and cook the sugar syrup.
- Mix well the sugar syrup and wait until the sugar dissolves, after 5 minutes add rose water essence and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Boil the sugar syrup for 15 minutes and keep it a side.
- Next pour all the fried gulab Jamun in the semi hot sugar syrup and keep it aside.
- After 15 minutes serve hot gulab Jamun with little amount of syrup in that.
- We can also serve this gulab Jamun with vanilla ice cream by cut in to half or place a Jamun on the top of vanilla ice cream with wrapper biscuits.
- As a choice add dried nuts like Badam or Pista. it will increase the taste.
- More sweet recipes from Famous indian recipes: Rava kesari recipe | Seven cup sweet | homemade palkova recipe | Thengai obbattu recipe | boondi ladoo recipe | rava laddu recipe | sabudana payasam recipe
- If the shape of gulab Jamun not coming means add little amount of milk in your palm and make a ball.
- Don’t over fry the Jamun and don’t overcook the syrup. If the syrup thickened means Jamun will not absorb the syrup as required.
- Be sure while pouring the Jamun in the syrup, it should be little hot (it has chance to break the Jamun if it is too hot).
- gulab jamun recipe in tamil => குலாப் ஜாமூன் எப்படி
Gulab Jamun has many variations (with small additions) including below
- black gulab jamun recipe (kala jamun recipe)
- readymade gulab jamun recipe (instant gulab jamun recipe)
- dry gulab jamun recipe or dry jamun recipe
- easy gulab jamun recipe with condensed milk (milkmaid)
- gulab jamun banana or gulab jamun banane ka tarika
- bread gulab jamun recipe
- gulab jamun recipe with khoya
- Paneer Jamun Recipe
- gulab jamun recipe with milk powder
- Rose Jamun
- gulab jamun with wheat flour
- rava gulab jamun recipe (gulab jamun recipe suji )
- rasgulla gulab jamun
- gulab jamun recipe from gits
- Gulab jamun with almond pieces