how to prepare Paruppu Podi recipe ?
Paruppu Podi is my favorite podi and it makes a quick and we can Serve this paruppu podi with hot rice and a drizzle of coconut oil, ghee or sesame soil. Learn how to make Paruppu Podi Recipe at home in a healthier Way.
- Toor dal – 1 cup
- Red chili – 6 no’s
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt as needed
Steps to prepare Paruppu Podi Recipe:
- First switch on the stove place a kadai, when it is heated add toor dal and fry till it become golden brown in a medium flame (don’t over fry dal because it will destroy real taste of podi) .
- Transfer roasted toor dal in a plate.
- In a same kadai add red chilies and fry for 2 minutes, switch off stove and then transfer in to the plate.
- Take a mixer grinder and Add roasted toor dal, red chilies, asafoetida and salt.
- Close the lid and grind in to semi coarsely powder.
- Transfer this paruppu podi in air tight container for long use.
- Serve this paruppu podi with hot rice and a drizzle of coconut oil, ghee or sesame oil. (Add any of these oil you like it)
- Click here to view kara chutney recipe